Multitasking

Blood warning for some of the chapters.

===========================================================================

Doc (A/N: first person because yes)

I sat at my desk, fiddling with a pen and looking up at the mess of papers in front of my desk. I've been so nervous ever since the groups have let to go collect the items necessary to build the Time Machine. Mumbo and I have talked about a few plans to save Grian, we also discussed about the Dreamers while we were planing. I sighed as I stared at the multiple plans on my desk, I picked up a piece of paper and read over it. I'm a much faster reader but due to the cursive writing Mumbo wrote in, it slowed my reading down quite a bit. 

After I finished reading the text on the paper, I cupped my face in my organic hand and sighed, why did the problem have to be about Time Travel? Time Travel was so complex and one wrong move could change an entire timeline! I know that Grian is the type to mess around with things but messing with Time is a completely different thing! He could end builds, he could end the server, but the most perilous thing he could do is end lives! Has Grian not thought about-

knock, knock

I jolted out of my thoughts with a jump, I wasn't really expecting a guest today but I went down to get the door anyways. It's probably Mumbo, I told myself, putting my robotic hand on the handle. Once I opened the door, instead of a tall mustached man standing at the doorway, it was-

_____________

Joe (A/N: third person)

The dark Kitsune stared at the trio with glitchy green eyes, then launched itself at Scar who cast a shield spell as quickly as possible but failed. The wizard was now in the beast's jaws, Stress raised her arms and vines of thorns shot out of the ground. Joe jumped onto one of the vines and put his hands on the brown, thorn-covered vine. Then, he started to chant.

"⍊╎リᒷᓭ 𝙹⎓ !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷, ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹∷リᓭ 𝙹⎓ ⍑ᔑ∷ᒲ, ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ ᔑᓭ 𝙹リᒷ ᔑリ↸ !¡∷𝙹ℸ ̣ ᒷᓵℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹ᓭᒷ ∴ᒷ ᓵ⍑𝙹𝙹ᓭᒷ."

Not long after, the coat of thorns appeared on Joe, Stress and Scar. The Kitsune dropped Scar due to the thorns poking at it's mouth, Stress used what was left of the vines she summoned to catch Scar. Joe jumped off of the vines he was sitting on and helped Scar down the long plants. Scar looked like he saw a ghost, his face as pale as silver and fear stained on his face and in his eyes.

"What do we do???" Stress called, whipping the beast with her vines.

Joe thought for a moment before answering, "We play a game of One Word Per Person."

Scar cast a whip spell and two glowing whips appeared in his hands, "WHAT? NOW??"

Joe nodded, jumping away from the Kitsune's dive. "Yes, now, we need to be clam while fighting this beast. For all we know, this thing can smell fear!"

Stress used some of the vines to grab Scar before the Kitsune pushed him into the void. "I'm in~!"

Scar whipped the Kitsune before running away, "BUT WHY NOW?????"

Joe hissed as his arm got scratched by the Kitsune, then ran away from the beast.

"CHEESE!" Joe yelled as he was running.

"Is..." Stress said as she grabbed Joe with her vines.

Scar sighed and cast a teleporting spell as the three-tailed-fox charged at him, "good."