Dream Talk

Doc, 3rd person

===

Doc sat by his table of notes, instead of working on the notes, he was sleeping on them. Probably due to the lack of sunlight and sleep the Creeper man received. A small beam of sunlight shifted through his windows, shining right onto his eyes. Doc stirred awake, sitting up straight, he stared blankly at the notes in front of him. He stared at the diligent and small writing on each page, it was far too small for normal-people to read it properly. 

Knock, knock knock!

The sudden sound jolted Doc out of his trance, he got up but tripped over his feet. Dang.

"Doc?" The person at the door called.

Doc shuffled onto his feet, dusting himself off. "Coming! Give me a second..."

Doc raced down the stairs and peeked out the empty side of the half-mansion. It was... Jevin and Cleo? Doc opened the door and was immediately jumped by the two Hermits. 

"Doc, I..." Cleo said quickly, the rest of the sentence covered up and lost in Jevin's own chorus of chaos. They both spoke at the same time, talking so fast it sounded like gibberish.

Doc put a hand up, silencing the two, "One at a time... or just simply what you're asking, please."

The Cleo breathed in, "We had a weird dream about snakes-"

"Snakes?" Jevin retorted, "No, you had a dream about a snake! Mine was about space and a weird dragon-shaped void! It was creepy."

Well these sounded awfully familiar. Doc rubbed his eyes and sighed, now he has to roleplay as a therapist or something. He didn't even get his cup of coffee yet.

"Come in, come in..." Doc sighed, "Take a seat and let me grab a cup of coffee, then we can settle things down. Okay?"

Cleo and Jevin glanced at each other and nodded. Doc stepped aside for the two confused hermits to make their way to his living room. Doc sluggishly dragged himself out into the sunlight and to his outdoor-stationed coffee center. He dumped out the old, already-rinsed coco powder out and filled the container with a new batch of powder. While the water simmered through the powder and into Doc's goat-cup, Doc thought up of theories as to what Jevin and Cleo's dream might be. According to the two of them, Cleo had a dream about snakes and Jevin had a dream about space-dragons or something. It wasn't much to go off of, but it must mean something important if the two freaked out like that.
Doc shook off the anxious thoughts away and focused on absorbing as much sunlight as possible, coffee was one thing, photosynthesis and food is another. Watching as the last few drops of coffee drip into Doc's cup, he swiped up a few cups of Half & Half and popped them in along with the coffee. Taking a small sip, he entered his room, grabbed his notes, a pen and a book, and left to meet Jevin and Cleo in the living room.

A moment of silence passed through the hermits as Doc flipped through his notes, "Would you like anything to drink?"

Cleo shifted, and nodded, "Yeah... do you have tea or anything? Maybe a cup of spiders?"

"A cup of spiders?" Jevin repeated, confused.

"Yeah, a cup of spiders. Have you never heard of that drink?" Cleo asked, stunned.

Jevin shook his head, "Never! It sounds a bit odd but then again, I don't drink anything but water."

Doc cleared his throat, "So, a cup of tea and some water? I'll prepare a cup for both of you. You can tell me about your dream while I'm at it, okay? But please, one at a time."

Cleo and Jevin exchanged a glance as Doc started heating up some water for Cleo's tea.

"I had a dream about snakes," Cleo started, "Or, actually, just one snake. The dream actually started pretty normal, with me making flower crowns. But then this snake came up to me and scared the life out of me. The oddest part of the dream was that the snake started talking. A snake- speaking human words!"