RULES AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS

RORY’S POV

Niall shook me gently from my current slumber. I didn’t want to even move because I was that comfortable and content. Who knew someone’s shoulder could make you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud.

I reluctantly opened my eyes to see that we’ve stopped and everyone else was out of the van apart from Niall and me and the driver.

“Sorry.” I said to the diver who just nodded.

“Come on the boys are waiting inside for us. Apparently the arena is massive.”Niall said, opening the door.

Wait arena?

“What do you mean? I thought we were going to the hotel.” I replied.

“Babe I already told you we’re going to the arena first. You must be tired.
“Niall said as we walked to the two wooden doors.

What kind of arena has wooden doors?

This one obviously.

“Yeah must be.” I replied.

“Simon spoke to with us this morning saying that when we arrived we would come straight here to check out the stage and meet the crew who will be accompanying us on the tour.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t sweat it, we don’t start rehearsals until tomorrow. It’s just a quick run through on some rules and safely precautions whilst on stage.”Niall replied.

“I suppose we better get a move on. Don’t want the others waiting any longer.” I said.

“They won’t mind. We’re used to waiting on Zayn for most practices, so it’s no big deal.”

“Why doesn’t that surprise me?” I said, laughing.

I’m not even kidding. Zayn is late the majority of the time. I think that boy needs to invest in a watch so he knows what time it is. But then again I don’t think him having a watch will help.

“It’s about time you two got here.”Liam said, once Niall and I walked through another set of doors. I really should watch where I’m going in case I get lost. I mean I’ve been through about five set of doors. I hope to god there’s going to be arrows on the night of the performances so I don’t go the wrong way.

God forbid if that ever happened. I’d probably have a mental break down.

“Rory.” Louis said, waving his hand in my face, snapping me out of my day dream.

“Huh, what? What did I miss?” I said, my eyes widening.

“You always drift off into your own world don’t you?”Louis said, placing his arm across my shoulders.

“If I had a dollar every time someone said that I’d be a millionaire. No wait, I’d be a billionaire.” I huffed.

“Guys come on, we need to go meet with everyone else. “Liam said, looking at his watch.

“Aww look at you, Mr professional. Always the punctual one. “Zayn cooed, pinching Liam’s cheeks.

“Quit it.”Liam wined, swatting his hand at Zany.

“Touchy touchy. “Zayn replied, raising his hands up in defines.

“Let’s go before Liam loses it.”Louis whispered into my ear causing me to laugh.

“And what’s so funny. “Liam asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

“Nothing.” I said quickly, shaking my hands in front of me.

Liam shook his head, before walking through another set of door, the rest following close behind.

“Is he usually this pedantic when it comes to these sorts of things?” I asked Louis.

“Not always, but some days he doesn’t have the patient to muck around. And I guess today is one of those days, but don’t take it personally he’s just wants everything to go smoothly, we all do but Liam just takes it that one step further.”

“That’s understandable. I’m sorry I held you guys up.” I said.

“Don’t sweat it.”Louis replied.

“So this is it. Our first leg of the tour. “Louis said.

I looked around, taking it all in. it was massive. I’ve never seen an arena empty before when I’ve been a concert. It’s always packed or semi packed. The amount of seats there are is ridiculous . I guess I’ve never realised how many seats are in an arena, and to think there will be hundreds or maybe thousands on the night makes my head spin.

“It’s freaky isn’t it?” I looked up to see Harry standing next to me.

“Yeah it is.”I replied, nodding my head.” I’ve never realised how many people you could fit in an arena.”

“Me either. It’s quite daunting to be honest.”

“So you’re telling me you’re still not used to the amount of people that come and watch you?”I asked.

“You never do. It amazes me every time I stand on stage without the audience. It kind of hits you at different stages of the craziness of it all. It kind of feels like you’re stuck in one spot but everything around you is fast phased.”

“Oi you two lets go.”Niall called.

Harry and I nodded our heads before we jogged up to the others who were now standing in front of about fifteen or more men and women.

“Nice for the both of you to joining us. “Paul said, he didn’t say it in a mean way.

“Sorry.” I replied.

“It’s fine love, now we all know why we’re here I assume. If not it’s just a meeting before we kick off another tour for the boys, but this year Rory here is going to be accompanying us on the tour. She’s a very talented young girl who I hope you treat her with respect. I will not tolerate any sort of rudeness towards young Rory because she’s new. “Paul said, I looked at all the men and women who nodded their head,

“Now that that is covered we now need to go over some rules. I’m mostly aiming it at you boys who always seem to break something or spill something somehow. I don’t want to hear about any breakages in this arena let alone any other arenas. “Paul added, looking at the boys as he spoke. The boys all nodded their head in unison, but once Paul turned his head back to the crew I noticed Louis smirking. Oh that boy.

“Finally, I want everyone to enjoy themselves, remember that we are all basically family. You will all get breaks during the length of the tour to go see loved ones and what not.  I know some of you have sacrificed a lot for these boys and young Rory and we really do appreciate the cooperation’s of each and every single one of you. If there is any trouble or emergencies then don’t hesitate to come see me and I’ll work out plane tickets if need be. You may all go now, I expect all crew, Rory and the boys to meet at this very spot tomorrow at 10am so we can officially start rehearsals for the show that kicks off in about two weeks.”