One

JM

My ears were ringing and my chest was burning.

The cold water against my face stung.

The thorns around my wrists scraped and cut my porcelain skin the more I thrashed against the hands pinning me.

Holding my breath was becoming more of a task each and every time.

Right before I could be blessed with losing my own consciousness they pulled me out again.

I met blurry eyed with the man I despised the most. The reason we are here in the first place. The man I looked like when I saw my reflection. My own blood. My father.

He stood behind my brother who was restrained to his own chair.

A man next to him holding a log sized bat wrapped in the same thorny twine we were held with.

My breathing slowed and I calmed, but I was plunged right back into the same frozen hell as before.

Hearing my mother scream was the worst part of it all. My brother and I were strong but she, she was weak. "You lying bastard!" My brothers yells muffled in my ears before he groaned from the blow thrown at his stomach.

"Shut your mouth!" My fathers voice pierced through the water like a bullet. "Pull him back out and bring him here!" He demanded as I was pulled out by my hair and shoved to my feet stumbling towards him ultimately landing on my knees in front of him. I could barely see anything, my eyes felt frozen in place. "Blame me all you want! Who got you two where you are today?! In the position you're set to live in!"

He was referring to marrying our mother who was the queen of Wonju and practically raping her to conceive sons. "And Nayeon? What does she get?" I spat struggling to stay upright.

I was angry being so low in front of him.

Kneeling like I was merely one of his subject.

"That thing gets nothing. She disgusts me. The evil she possesses isn't even the start of why she's unwanted. You were to be a son you piece of shit!" My youngest sister cowered next to my mother in fear wrapped at the ankles and wrists watching everything unfold.

"You disgust me." My mother spoke up scooting closer to the daughter she loves so much. "I regret marrying you, ever saying I love you, and ever meeting you." He chuckled with this sarcastic smirk plastered on his features.

"Good." Was all he said before landing one blow to my head and walking out of the room with his men in toe.

The heavy door closed and the lock slammed shut with nothing but silence in its wake.

I don't know how we managed to escape in one piece, or even alive..

»»————-  ————-««

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of His Last Hope!

See you in the next one! :)