Sixteen

JK

As the sun rose above the mountains this morning my head pounded.

Taehyung was curled into my side but a mirrored look of fear in his eyes like mine.

What did we do?

How could we be so stupid to think Jimin wouldn't lash out in such a situation?

I wanted him gone not fighting to be by my side!

"I'll go change and meet you in the dining hall for breakfast." He offered groggily sitting up from the bed.

"Did you sleep at all?" I asked rolling onto my stomach face buried in the pillows muffling my sigh.

"No. I just kept playing out different scenarios in my mind all night long." He stood pulling on his shirt walking for the door, "You don't think he would really tell would he? Maybe it was all just out of anger and spite. He clearly wants you."

"We can't be sure. I know nothing about this kid. He could be dead serious and we could be in a lot of trouble soon because of it." I stood stretching my arms over my head.

"We?" He asked raising a brow as his hand held the doors latch.

I waited a moment considering my next statement, "You. I meant you." I slipped my loafers on watching his shoulders deflate, "I'll meet you there. I want to look into some things first."

His head shook slightly before leaving.

He couldn't possibly be hurt by those words.

He said it himself.

He never loved me.

But the real question still stands.

Would Jimin really tell?

As I turned the corner into the dining hall my heart stopped.

Jimin was at the table speaking to my parents.

A smile crept onto his lips as he saw my complexion pale out like I've seen a ghost.

"He wouldn't.." Taehyung half mumbled to me and I jumped at the sudden body next to me.

He still hasn't broke our gaze.

My parents were still talking to him, but they were looking at their plates.

Leaving the perfect opportunity for him to bare his toothy grin into my soul.

"Jungkook. Do you think he told them?" Taehyung spoke again bringing me out of the battle gaze.

My parents wouldn't be happily eating if he had said anything of such measure against their visitor.

We've done everything we could to stop any sort of news from entering this kingdom.

"We better hope not."

I'll be damned if this child will ruin everything we've done.

"Your majesty's." A servant girl greeted us both with a shy smile, "Will you be joining them?" Her hands were full with three more plates, silverware, and napkins.

But why three?

"Of course we will Anna, thank you." A second voice spoke apart from Taehyung's.

Jin.

"Why do you two look like someone just broke your most prized possessions?" He laughed ruffling our untamed hair before following 'Anna' to the table.

Taehyung let out an audible sigh as he followed the two and I did so as well.

By the time chef made our food mother and father had up and gone to change for the day, but Jimin was still here.

He picked at his food lazily in order to waste time in staying put.

Repeatedly he asked for more to drink until my brother left the table as well.

Just the three of us left.

"So," he finally broke the silence causing Tae's eyes to widen at me, "now that we have a moment to speak I'd like to make you a deal."

No one moved or threaten to utter a word until he was finished.

"If you send my family and I to one of your cottages on the outer edge of Daejeon with men to protect us and live a semi regular life, then no one will hear any news of what King Kim has done to take his title on the Daegan throne."

"And if he doesn't?" Taehyung questioned before diverting his eye contact from Jimin to his half empty plate.

"Then the news you've so desperately tried to stop from flooding through those vary gates.." he pointed his fork towards the castle entrance, "will suddenly seep their way in and possibly ruin this odd love hate relationship you have with each other." He laughed slightly to himself obviously proud of his given conditions.

"Sounds like more of a threat to me." I muttered, "You know all of our cottages are full of extended family of the Jeon bloodline. None of them would take on the risk of a family like yours or even bat an eye to leaving their home." My words seemed to fire him up more which made me regret my choice of words.

This is a sensitive subject I can't be so rash.

"Then so be it. I'll just have to tell them." Jimin stood from his chair, brushed off his shirt, and turned to leave.

"Wait!" I slammed my fists onto the table intriguing his attention and making Taehyung jump spilling his water onto the table, "When do I have to have this done by?"

The younger man turned on his heels facing me.

His smile almost cracked his features in half.

He spoke only two word which made this deal entirely impossible for even the most influential family.

"By court."

»»————-  ————-««
By the court meeting tonight..