Seven

NJ

I quickly grabbed a few weapons and got Nayeon and our mother ready to run yet again.

I hate doing this to them.

Why can't we just stay safe in a peaceful town for longer than a few weeks?

"Jimin." I called from the back door and he stuck his finger to his lips before mouthing silently, 'Go to Daejeon they know our situation. I'll meet you there as soon as I can.'

Leaving him here was the hardest part.

We always ran together, but we can't chance everyone getting caught together.

Splitting up is a better option.

He can distract and fight off anyone who's here.

We slipped out the back running right for the lake which twists and turns the same path to Daejeon.

It's our last option.

If they tell us no we might as well let ourselves get caught and face the fate we seem to only be dragging out.

"Keep up!" I huffed to my sister before ultimately grabbing her hand and pulling her along faster.

"Namjoon please slow down!" She cried still tired from being woken up at this hour.

She never does well on the run.

"We don't have time for this." I stopped only for a second to pick her up and continue running.

"Namjoon you can't carry her the whole way, you'll get hurt." Our mother said checking behind us for anyone following. "It slows you down."

"Just until she's more awake." I groaned hoisting her higher in my arms, "We can stop running once we pass that hill ahead."

"What if something happens to Jimin!" Nayeon began to panic clawing at my back feeling like she was falling.

"Damnit Yeon stop that!" I scolded her securing my arms around her, "He'll be fine he always is."

"Who do you think it was?" Mom asked as we made it around the hills bend.

"I don't know but no one from this village should be in these woods. It's someone from out of town." I stopped setting Nayeon back on her feet and her eyes were glistening under the moon as if she was going to cry.

"Hey-" I cupped her cheeks making her look up at me, "Everything's okay. I won't let anything happen to us."

"And Jimin?" She pushed further.

"Nothing to him either. I promise you we will make it to Daejeon safely before day break, but we have to move."

There wasn't another word out of any of our mouths.

They seem to always crack under pressure.

Sure they're girls.

Raised to be prim and proper.

Pretty gowns and tea parties, but those days have been long gone.

Jimin please get out of there before whoever that is sees you.

He seemed very interested to find out who the intruder was.

It couldn't be the person who startled him.

Hoseok was it?

A merchants boy shouldn't be lurking in the woods this late at night.

Even the most curious of people know the dangers of the woods.

What was Jimin up for anyways?

It may have saved all of us so I won't push him for answers, but it's still odd.

I really hope this prince Jeon is kind and will welcome us with open arms.

If not we will be on to the next village in hopes of survival.

Survival against the certain end we seem to always face in our nightmares.

Our own father.

»»————-  ————-««