Nineteen

(Photo gives reference)
NY

The moment he looked up at me I can see what people fear so much.

His eyes were full of anger and stare that of a dragon could burn through anyone's confidence.

However this had to be done.

I can't stand by and let anyone else get hurt.

"Why would I speak to you." He stood wobbly ready to walk past but I grabbed his hand softly.

"Please." I begged genuinely but he raised his other hand as if he would hit me.

My hands rose in defense but the blow never came.

He didn't do it.

As I looked up at him his brows furrowed for a moment, but then his eyes rolled as he started to stumble away to his quarters wiping his face.

"Don't you want to understand him?!" I called out desperately because the guards have now blocked my path to him.

"What more is there to understand besides that he's an idiot bastard who hurts others without thinking first." He spoke ill of my brother which made my skin crawl.

"You don't know him just as we don't know King Kim!" I stomped in place holding my ground as he stopped walking.

For a second I thought he would walk away, but he didn't.

Clearly I've struck a nerve this time.

His heels pivoted smoothly before taking long strides to me.

I backed towards the wall looking down, but he shoved me the rest of the way, grabbed my chin, and made me stare back into his eyes.

A gasp of fear escaped me as my vision flowed between reality and the past.

His face morphed in and out with my fathers before settling on his own.

"You've got five minutes before they escort you out of my fucking sight." His hands released me and he summoned me to follow over his shoulder as we went into his bedroom.

"He means well." Was the first words out of my mouth as I sat on his couch placed in front of a fireplace as he scoffed grabbing a drink from his liquor bottle.

"If you say so. Drink?" He offered with one in his hand but I kindly denied.

"I'm only eighteen.."

"Very brave for such a young girl." He leaned against the stone fireplace wall staring down at me, "If he means so well why would he tear someone I hold so close to me away for his own benefit?"

"Because we need you. Your family. Your protection." I stated, "I won't go into my brothers own past because it isn't mine to tell, but please understand it was not something to easily deal with. Over time he has gotten better with dealing with it, but the trauma he holds is still very evident in his actions. He will do anything to help my family. Good or bad he doesn't care." His brow raised amused by my words.

"Anything?" A playful smirk spread his lips as a puff of a laugh left them.

"Jungkook please just show him mercy. That's all I ask of you. We've been fighting for so long and exhausted every other option. Consider whatever deal him and your parents have made. If you don't my family will be left out to be slaughtered by our own father who never gives in to let hi family survive. We have never been as safe as we are today within your walls."

"Sir that's the time." A guard poked his head in and Jungkook waved his hand to close the door again before crouching in front of me eye to eye again placing his drink on the wooden arm of the couch.

"If he truly will do anything for you like you say, let me propose a new deal he would have no other choice but to agree upon." His hand patted my knee before stroking my cheek, "Now run along. I need time alone. It's been a long evening."

As I nodded and made my way to the door he spoke again.

"Nayeon?" I paused looking over my shoulder confused as to how he already knew my name before I had spoke it, "He's lucky to have you." He sighed sitting on the edge of his bed, "Don't let him take that for granted."

"He would never." I smiled before bowing my head and leaving.

What could he possibly mean by a new deal proposed that he can't deny?

»»————-  ————-««
Will he agree to new terms?