16

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," Harry seethes, nostrils flaring as he jumps up and starts pacing, flaring his suit coat out around him and placing his hands on his hips.

"No you're not," I mutter, wiping away my tears.

"And why shouldn't I? The son of a bitch hurt you, Belle! Look at your damn ribs!" Harry nearly screams, voice cracking as he whips back around to face me.

Seeing the look in his eyes and the way the angry tears fall down his cheeks, I realize that I have nothing to say. Harry has every reason to feel the way he does, and I feel like an idiot for just letting it happen- for just letting Bennett treat me like property. Is this what years of daddy issues does to a girl?

"Harry, please just calm down," I reach for his hand and tug his arm, trying to get him to sit back down next to me. The rage in his eyes seems to dissipate when he finally looks at me- really looks at me and sees how scared I am, the green color lightening again from the dark shade that possessed them.

He gently squeezes my hand reassuringly before taking them both and holding them in his large palms as he sits so close that our knees touch, any remnant of our previous lustful touches forgotten. Harry runs his thumbs gently across the skin of my hands.

"When did this start?" He asks, authority in his voice like I'm a naughty student in the principal's office, however there is a hint of compassion underneath his rightful anger and fear.

"Two months ago," I mutter, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Two months ago? Belle, I-" Harry speaks quickly as he narrows his wild train of thought, a frustrated realization taking over his facial features. I can feel his palms begin to sweat while holding my freezing cold ones, something that could cause a deadly situation like the already brewing hurricane of emotions in this small room. "I was in Georgia with you two months ago!"

"It started when we left the club that night," I whisper, cursing the brewing tears in my eyes that seem to be multiplying rapidly and with no end in sight. My hands pull away from his to wipe the salt water that streams down my face. "He was so angry. Up to that point, I'd never seen him so angry," I recall, voice shaking.

Harry's jaw clenches and he looks away, running his tongue along his bottom lip before sinking his teeth into it. "Fuck," he spits. "I knew I should have followed you out that night. Fuck!" He raises his voice to an angry scream as he throws his head of curls into his hands.

"It's not your fault," I rub his back comfortingly. "Harry, it isn't your fault."

"Did he hit you?" He jerks his head up suddenly, eyes full of tears again. "Belle, has Bennett ever hit you?" Harry demands when I don't immediately answer.