63

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Today is the most perfect day.

It's raining!

I've rarely seen rain since moving to Los Angeles, and summer storms have always been one of my favorite things. It started late last night when I woke up to a loud spout of thunder shaking my house. At first I thought it was an earthquake until bright white lightning fiercely lit up my room, the sound of pouring rain pattering against the window immediately after.

Olivia was terrified of course, so she jumped into my bed, and we cuddled for the rest of night. It's safe to say last night is the best I've slept in awhile.

The rain has continued into the morning, light gray skies shielding the sun from view and allowing the people of LA to breathe a sigh of relief from the massive heat wave we've been suffering through. My home rumbles every so often from the thunder, each room overcast in dark shadows from the gloomy weather outside.

All morning I've been sitting at an open window, reveling in the smell of the rain and the slightly cooler weather. Deciding to take a break from brainstorming for the new book I've been working on, I sit with my feet propped up, journal in hand as I freelance write. A big glass of water resides in front of me on the desk I sit at, perspiration forming and dripping down the sides that will most definitely leave a ring on the lightly colored wood.

There's a small yet stern knock at the door that jolts me from my calm before a small smile reaches my face. Sticking my pen in between the pages of my white journal that is covered in blue butterflies, I gently set it down, pushing my chair back to stand and close the window. After latching it securely, I push my chair in, shove my journal into my purse, and scurry to the door to avoid keeping Harry waiting out in the storm.

My green eyed boy was very adamant on picking me up for today's coffee shop adventure, and the only way I agreed was if he let me decide on our location. For reasons I can't explain, I've always had a strange love for driving. The adoration I have for it probably has to do with my obsession over pretending my life is a movie or a romance novel, and driving aimlessly with a stellar playlist blaring from the speakers helping to gaslight that fantasy.

I also happen to be a serious control freak... especially when it comes to music, so if we're in my car, it only makes sense to play my favorite songs. Thankfully Harry knows this fact about me very well from the years we've known each other, so I shouldn't have anything to worry about when it comes to riding with him.

Upon reaching the door, I take a deep breath to prepare myself, physically pinching my skin just to make sure I'm not dreaming. When I open it, there he stands, clad in black skinny jeans with a pair of the worn black Vans he mentioned he was a fan of just two nights ago now. A white t-shirt hangs out from beneath a dark beige sweater that he has his fists hidden beneath like sweater paws.