51

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

My name is Belle Olivia Granger, and I was born on June 1, 1996 at 3:40 A.M. to Jane and Charles Granger. My father is the owner and CEO of a large business, and my mother was a loving school teacher who devoted her life to helping anyone in her path.

Being the first and only child, I was coddled often, which some might say is what led to the future issues I would face in life. As a young child and even until my early teens, everything was handed to me, and I was never pushed to do anything on my own.

Relying on people for everything, including the tiniest thing as ordering my food at a restaurant, is what started my downfall.

My parents divorce is what finished it.

I never had any pets because of my dad's hatred for them, and I never had any friends because of my own fears of talking to other people. I couldn't even talk to my own parents with one hating me and the deep trepidations that the other would crumble from under anymore stress.

Losing myself in books and the occasional good song was all I had for the longest time, stuck in an endless loop of nothing but cold hard numbness.

For the longest time I was broken... until they fixed me. He fixed me.

They fixed the best parts of me, but unfortunately it took too long and things went too far before I could realize that sometimes not only did the best parts need mending, but the deepest darkest parts that I didn't even know I had needed mending too.

You see, when I spent so long in a deep dark hole that I dug and took much precaution in burying myself in so that I could never escape, I only ever focused on the darkness within myself instead of what could be the light. After years of self-deprecation and choosing other's wants and needs over my own, I grew tired.

Even though I would still gladly drop everything and run to protect those very people that I gave up every aspect of my life for, there was a time when I had to force myself to stop all together. The past two years have been anything but easy, but I'm proud to say that I am in such a better place than I was then.

Not to be that girl that romanticizes hard parts of her life, but I really do look back on everything that has happened to me and feel strangely thankful for it.

Who knows where I'd be if my parents stayed together. I know for a fact that I'd probably still be handicapped when it comes to anything social and would probably be nothing more than a trust fund brat who spends summers at the lake. I never would have met One Direction, and probably would have been anti anything to do with them considering I always had this strange need to do the complete opposite of everyone around me.

Who knows where I'd be if I was normal and never had any problems with expressing my emotions. Maybe I would have caught onto Louis' feelings he had for me that summer and been able to save us all a lot of heartache by shutting them down and confessing my own deep well-hidden ones for Harry. Louis never would have been my first kiss, and somehow I feel like our friendship wouldn't be as strong.