64

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

If there's one place in the entire world that never sleeps, it's the Modest Management offices. All day and all through the night, there's constantly someone, if not several people working endlessly to make sure the company doesn't lose a single cent, always gaining.

The place has been even more busy than usual ever since they embarked on the conquest of adding new divisions of talent to manage instead of just music, my career becoming their test subject. After my success in more fields than one, Modest has been signing all sorts of authors, models, actors, you name it!

Every time I come to this place, my anxiety skyrockets from the sheer amount of people milling around frantically with no time for someone like me, unless they're the unfortunate group that's part of my team.

I only say unfortunate, because I do my very best to make things as hard for them as I can.

When the elevator I'm thankful to be in alone dings open, I'm met with a long hallway of doors that are thrown open and slammed closed as frantic assistants run in and out. Loud voices are heard through the walls as I walk down the cold corridor with my arms crossed over my chest, pale yellow dress brushing against my ankles as I sway.

Reaching the door that once opened will lead me into what I already know is going to be the worst meeting of my life, brings a new sense of dread upon me like I'd almost rather sprint to the end of the hallway and jump out the window than actually have to face my manager and this mystery man she has with her on the other side. I keep hoping that maybe I'll just drop dead and never have to face this amount of anxiety ever again, but I could never be and never have been so lucky.

To keep avoiding it, I move away from the closed door and mosey down to the end of the hall where the window is that I considered, and am still considering, jumping out of, but instead I stare at the world below.

Since it's only just now 8 A.M., the sun is still low in the sky, but it's so bright and golden in color, that it washes the hallway I stand in a beautiful yellow, casting shadows over the walls. Traffic is jammed like always as the work rush begins, and the world awakens for the millionth time since its creation.

In this moment, it really starts to hit me just how many people are living and breathing on this planet that I will never even know exist. There's so many more human beings than just me, all living a life just as hard as the next person... all believing that everything revolves around themself just as much as the next person.

Then a pair of green eyes find their way into my brain, the owner possessing the biggest heart this earth has ever witnessed.

Two completely different people with two completely different lives from two polar opposite countries, yet we still found each other. Our invisible string brought us together, but failed to keep us from falling apart.