90

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

The entirety of Anne's back garden is overflowing with pink and blue. It's a warm summer day in mid-June, just mere days before Harry and I will embark on a new journey of touring America to play the album that saved us, but every stress that comes with that and every worry that has plagued me regarding my latest work of fiction being too different from what I've written in the past is long forgotten thanks to the exuberant auras surrounding all of our closest friends and family.

Different shades of pink and blue from pastel and neon to bright and dull grace my eyes today, the two colors swirling together in my brain to form a cotton candy tornado of sickeningly sweet excitement regarding the ultimate surprise that everyone has gathered here to celebrate.

Everyone has decided to wear either pink for a girl or blue if they think it is a boy, pink seeming to be the winning color seeing as everyone is desperate for a One Direction member to have a daughter for once, both Freddie Tomlinson and Bear Payne actually becoming best buddies in the back yard as we speak. Little Mercury wears blue just like his dad and Griswold, my gold star worthy nickname for Bear, is adorned in pink like Liam and Maya.

Harry and I wear all white, our nails painted alternating pink and blue seeing as we are the parents of Little Granger, and we will be overjoyed no matter if they are a boy or a girl. Not a single soul here today, not even Anne who planned the party, knows the gender. Anne sent off the small letter from the hospital with the sex of the baby inside of it to the company she hired to make the actual gender reveal, that aspect of the day still a surprise to Harry and I seeing as all we see in the back garden is one massive white box with a few minuscule holes in the lid.

All afternoon, I've opened the door to greet anyone who knocks, always smoothing my white dress over my drastic bump and smiling to myself giddily when I think about how the tables have turned from the first time I ever came to his house. My nose turns up at the thought of Harry's awful purple shoes that he wore, placing a gentle hand to my lips when a laugh passes through them.

"What are you so giggly for?" A voice breaks my train of thought making me jump slightly. I turn to find Harry sauntering forward. My eyes travel up and down his body, taking in his flared white suit pants with a white undershirt tucked into them. His white suit jacket is completely unbuttoned and hangs loosely from his shoulders, the low neckline of his undershirt baring his swallow tattoos for all to see with pearls and cross necklace resting on top of them.

"Nothing in particular," I smile up at him as he comes closer, more elated than I've ever seen him. After all, he's only been looking forward to this day since the moment I forced him to wait on finding out the gender.

Fully reaching me now, with arms extended, he pulls me into his side and rubs his thumb in reassuring circles around the puffy white sleeve at my shoulder. My right arm instantly wraps around his back, the other moving to rest my hand over my bump. I haphazardly glance up to see Harry staring down at me with a look of pure adoration in his eyes before he presses a kiss to the top of my head.