3

I woke up. I checked my phone. 4:00a.m time to get ready to jog. Class starts at 7am so I still have 3 hours to go.

I changed into some shorts and a running shirt.  I brought my earphones to play music with.

I went out of my room and downstairs. I got lemon biscuits from the shelfs amd went to the front door and put my shoes on. I looked At kicchou's cat shelf looking for his leash but it wasn't there anymore so I went out.

The same time I saw hisashi getting his bike ready.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I locked the front door and adjusting my shoes. " my deodorant is empty. I thought about jogging to the store but it's too far away and I might get late for school so I'm riding the bike" he said as he climbed on.

"Of we goo" he said about to go ahead but I stopped him.

"Wait, of WEEE go?" I said with confusion. Then he pointed at the back of the bike I followed where he was pointing and laughed as I saw the sight.

"I never knew you were this close" I giggled

"I never knew you were this close" I giggled. "I wanted to go alone but he kept on following me so I decided to let him come too. It looks like he doesn't love you anymore hahahaha" he said as he waved and went of.

I started jogging to my usual route. Go to the local basketball court, rest a bit ans posissibly play a little basketball and then go back.

I started jogging to the court and just a few blocks away from the court I sensed another person at my back. He was also jogging. I didn't mind him at first so I started to fasten my pace.

I arrived at the court and I removed my earphones. Soon the guy behind me also stopped. Guess we have the same destination. I went inside the gate to se haruko and sakuragi?

" oii haruko-chan! Sakuragi-chan!" I screamed as they stopped their mini training session to look at my direction.

"Oi mit-chan!" They both greeted back. "Is this a training or a date?" I said as I came closer to them wiggling my eyebrows. Both of them blushed like hell. "O I see" I said. They still didn't reply so I turned my back on them "whatever you're doing, have fun" then I walked to the other side of the court.

Hidden somewhere around the bushes there's a really small underground closet with a lock. I fished out the house keys and found the found the one for the small closet.

I opened the closet using the key and got our basketball. This is where kicchou and I put our ball. Since we love this place so much and we can't always meet and play. So we decided to dig this part of the court and put a small metal closet facing the sky and sealed the sides with the soil he dugged out to prevent the box from moving. We both have a copy of the key. Well this was invented when he graduated and went to ryonan, our schedules were hella packed so yeah.

I stood up after closing the box before putting the padlock inside.

I dribbled the ball as I positioned myself at the three point line at the other side of the court where haurko and hanamichi weren't occupying.

Damn my hand hurts from all the signing yesterday. I positioned myself before making a jump shot. I released the ball. My eyes grew open as I felt my hand hurt and as expected the ball hit the ring which made it bounce back up.

Suddenly a tall guy ran and jumped, he got the ball and made a really good slam dunk.

I stood up shocked as I was still analyzing the situation. Since haruko and hanamichi were obverving me on how I do a shot it was obvious that they saw the whole thing they even approached me with the same expression on their face.

We watched closely as the guy infront of us landed and looked at the three of us.

He was looking at me straight in the eyes, obviously proud that his stunt didn't fail to amaze me. Haruko and hanamichi looked at me tyen back to the guy and then back at me before nodding their heads and they went back to their side. I was still shocked.

"S...s...sugoi" she said with wide eyes. Then soon her face returned normal after she saw the guy walking towards her.

"You're that girl yesterday morning in the train" he said as he extended his hand followed by my nod. "Hanagata Tōru, third year, 197cm center from shoyo prefecture." He said sweetly as I shook his hand. Shoyo huh, I feel like I know someone who studies at shoyo but I forgot who.

"Mitsui Hanami, first year, 177cm, I can play all positions from shohoku prefecture" I said as we let go of each others hands. Then we heard some squealing in the back so the both of us looked over to the other side of the court.

"Oh shit they noticed!" Hanamichi said and both of them quickly turned away."soo you shoot the ball with the the ball" haruko said to make it seem like they weren't eavesdropping our conversation. I looked back at him.

"That time at the train, I was thinking you're a basketball player. And you really are" I said as I crossed my arms. He giggled. "I didn't know you could play basketball. But I could sense there's something wrong with your arm or your hand" he said pointing at my right arm. "I did alot of writing so it's sore and it hurts" I said with a sad tone but he quickly asked me a question to loghten up the mood.

"Why don't you show me what you got?" He said as he picked up my ball and passed it to me. He then positioned himself in a one on one defense. I looked at my watch and luckily I still had 50 minutes so okay.

I start dribbling my ball. "Damn such a nice defense you got there" I said as he blushed and scratched his head smiling." But not good for me" I said as I quickly passed him because of the small opening. I didn't fully reached the ring when he already arrived infront with his hands up. I quickly positioned myself to shoot just as I was about to shoot he jumped so I went down and passed him and did a lay up and it went in.

"You really managed to trick me twice" he said with clear happiness in his eyes. "You're good too. If I didn't pull out that fake I would have lost.

"But that was just the beginning" he arrogantly said as I just laughed. Haruko and hanamichi sensed what was going down so they settled themselves at the sidelines to watch.

"Getting arrogant are we Hanagata-senpai" I said as he laughed and passed me the ball again. "You're not gonna take turns?" I said as he nodded a no. "I just wanted to see your skills" he smiled as I start dribbling the ball. He was standing at the free throw line expecting me to go inside but damn he got fucked up. I stepped behind the three point line before he could react and immediately shot the ball and it went in.

"HAHAHHAHAHAHHA" I laughed evily as hanagata-senpai looked at me with disappointment.

"Oi mit-chan that's dirty!" Hanamichi said with an angry face earning our laughs.

"Sorry but I couldn't help it he was just too far so I just thought about it" I quickly reasoned myself out but all I could receive from them is a little 'but still' murmur. "It was good playing with you hanagata-senpai but I gotta go home now I still need to prepare for school" I nervously said as I approached him and extend my hand and he shook it. " yeah me too, nice game" he said after we both let go. "Were gonna go now too" hanamichi and haruko said. And I just nodded and saying goodbye.

I placed the ball back in the box and I attached the padlock and made sure it was secure. I went out of the spot and cover the surface with leaves. I stood up and saw hanagata-senpai at the entrance cleaning his glasses with his fabric with hanamichi and haruko with him.

I went to them to ask. "So I assume the three of us have the same route. How about you hanagata-senpai?" I asked as I looked at him. " just 3 blocks away from here." He said as hanamichi said "then let's go! The tensai wil lead the way ne haruko-san!?" He excitedly lead the way as haruko followed him. The two of us quickly following after.