Chapter Eleven

I woke the next morning to the sound of sweet humming. The night before I had strange dreams. I dreamt of a horse and a runaway prince. So very strange. But what really made me stir and open my eyes was when the curtains were pulled back and the blazing sunshine burned right through my window.

   I winced and when I looked up there a was a figure looming over the side of the bed. I yelped, moving further into the bed pulling the sheets to cover me.

The person winced. "Quit yelling!" she hissed. "Before the guards come in!"

I was still half asleep, but startled awake nonetheless. "Huh?"

"Esmeralda!" another whispered. "Be nice!"

"Ohhhh" someone sighed. "She's so pretty!"

   I tried rubbing the blurriness and tiredness from my eyes. I blinked a few times and when I looked up the veil was pulled back and three girls stood on the other side of my bed.

   I think I must be dreaming.

"Well," the one on the left put her hands on her hips. "Now that you're awake!"

"Be nice!' the one on the right said.

"Both of you!" the oen in the middle ordered. "Cut it out!"

   The one on the left rolled her eyes and I took in her apperance first. She had long dark, curly, raven black hair she had flowers woven into like a crown a top her hair. She had flawless beige skin, a beautiful tall and slender figure, and eyes like vertigo. She made her maids outfit look like amazing.

   The one in the middle was petite and curvy with brown wavy hair that hit her shoulders, olive skin, and dark blue eyes. She had colorful strings woven into her loose hair. I'd never seen a girl so pretty before, and her maids outfit made her look like a doll.

   And the last one, the one on the right, she was very thin with drooping shoulders. Her maids uniform was green and not very fitting to her form because it was of a modest style. She had straight dirty blonde hair woven into a tight french brai that seemed to be falling apart still. Her eyes were warm and brown, and her skin was like ivory.

The middle one smiled so brightly I had to squint. "Hello!" she beamed.

I bunched up the blankets. "Hello"

"I'm Alma!"

The blonde one smiled. "I'm Junebug"

And then the last girl smiled rather glamoursly. "And I'm Esmeralda."

'We're you're maids!" Alma said.

Esmeralda held up a delicately painted finger. "Correction." she raised an eyebrow and smiled at me. "I'm an expert in hair, make up, and attire. I shall be your," she waved a hand. "Beauty expertise!"

Junebug rolled her head and looked at me. "Alma is the head maid. Esmeralda is the drama queen" Esmeralda gasped, highly offended. "And I'm basically just here."

Alma laughed and squeezed Junebug's shoulder. "Don't be silly Junebug!' she said. "You clean the bathroom!"

  They laughed and I smiled.

  I supposed if I was going to be here for three months I was grateful I would be spending it with three lovely girls.

Alma clasped her hands together. "We have work to do! What's your name"

"Alessandra Carswell" I said.

    I crowled out of bed slidding my slippers on.

"Fabulous! Lady Carswell Emseralda here-"

"Why does it have to be me!" Esmeralda nagged. "I have a broken nail I can't do anything! See!"

She flaunted her beautiful hands. 

Alma just blinked at her. "Like I said Lady Carswell-"

"Um" I interrupted. They looked at me. "Alessandra is fine, really."

"Fine then!" Esmeralda said. "Come Lady Alessandra we have to get you ready for-"

"No," i said again. This time they just stared at me. "Alessandra"

Esmeralda nodded. "That's what I said Lady Alessandra"

I shook my head. "No I mean you don't have to call me Lady anything. Alessandra is just fine"

"But," I looked over and Junebug seemed a bit pale. 'We've never called anyone by their first name before"

"Huh," We all turned our heads and Esmeralda was grinning. "I like you." she flicked her head. "Come Alessandra. Let's get you dressed.'