Chapter Forty Five

"I can't believe him!' Esmeralda furiously wove my hair into a french braid. 'He's got some balls!"

   Angrily I slammed things around on my vanity. I put in my earrings glaring at the mirror with a dirty look and applied lipstick with pursed lips. Frustrated I sprayed perfume and annoyed I put my charm bracelet and necklace on.

"On a date!" Alma said in disbelief. "At night! Knowing you were returning"

"And Ora" Junebug shook her head in disapproval. "I expected more from her."

I shook my head frantically, ready to lose my sanity. "I don't know whether to be angry with one of them or both of them or to crawl under my bed and burst into tears!"

Esmeralda spun me around and I was shot by her piercing eyes. "No. You're going to walk into breakfast this morning lookin' like the hottest shit to hit the Earth since the equator then you're gonna walk right out like a boss"

Alma mischeviously swung a rather tiny piece of fabric in front of me. "Honey there's what? Less than 15 of you left?"

I nodded.

"We're going to war. Its game time"

                                                                               *********

     I was the last to walk into breakfast that morning looking like the kind of girl mother's would keep away from their sons. I wore a cowel style dress with my signature open back and not so signature plunging neckline. It was tan and hugged my hour glass figure and hit the floor.

   I had to admit it felt nice to be pampered again, as concieted and awful as that sounds. Instead of braiding my hair this morning Esmeralda did a stunning job with a curling iron and some pins, allowing big sexy curls to cascade down my back. I didn't wear make up, but I sure did look like a threat. 

    I avoided eyes as I walked in and held my head high like an arrogant, confident, wealthy young woman. Everything I wasn't. I remember what Tammi said about my walk. I remember Pierre saying I had a regal, dominant way of walking and Tammi said I tend to float. So I did just that. I took my seat avoiding eye contact with everyone. 

    I didn't sit next to the girls at breakfast instead I sat between Connie and Hope. They were nice but didn't speak much to me and I ignored them as well. I actually did such an excellent job at avoiding eye contact I really didn't know who was at breakfast. I knew the King and Queen were, they were sitting at my end of the table. I just didn't know if Will was there or not.

    When breakfast was over Ora switched seats with Connie and smiled at me. I sipped my coffee, ignoring me.

"Um. Hi?" she waved her hands. "Welcome to Earth Martian"

I carefully placed my coffe down. "Good Morning"

She laughed. "What's with the get up. You look ready to work the corner"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Excuse me"

Ora squinted at me, clearly sensing the shift in my tone. "Umm you know the straps you have keeping your boobs and ass together" she said. "You look like the girl on the cover of the latest Gentlemen Love Ladies magazine"

I sipped my coffe again. "And you look like the latest spokes model for the I Am Jealous make up line"

Her jaw dropped and her eyes narrowed. "You look like a tramp"

"I also happen to look better than you"

    Ora looked shocked and hurt flashed across her expression. I pushed my chair out ready to leave.

"What's your problem?" she demanded.

I pushed my chair in a bit to roughly and it slammed into the table. Immediately the room went quite. "Nothing. Don't you have someone to go screw in the gardens?"

   Instantly my anger simmered down and I realized what I said. I didn't mean to accuse Ora of doing such a thing and I also didn't take into account the consequence of my words. The color drained from Ora's face and she bit her lip. Too angry, hurt, to say anything and ready to burst into tears I stormed out of the room.

    As soon I was out the front doors I ran into the hallway and tucked myself away into the most secure corner, smothering my mouth, and letting the tears fall. What was this? I've never felt this way before, not about anyone. Why should I care? Why should it hurt so much. Don't I want to go home? My emotions and thoughts were so unclear I didn't know what to do or how to function.

What's happening to me?