Chapter Eighteen

I smiled and folded up Emilie's letters. Its been three weeks. We have not yet officially met the royal family. We're supposed to meet them during dinner on Thrusday. I sat in the Women's Room near the window soaking up the sunlight. 

   Perri was eliminated two weeks ago. I was sad to see her go after she showed kindness to me. Seven others were also eliminated since then. Three from Constance's pack of followers. Their names I think were Anne, Sarah, and Mary. The other four eilminated were Hannah, Summer, Fran, and Baby.

   My first time on the Report was nerve wrecking. I sat there in my gistening blue dress ready to faint. I remember afterwards the Prince made it his buisness to tell me I looked lovely. I smiled, thanked him, then ran back to my room. I didn't want to stay around for the after party chit chat.

   Besides, I wasn't here for the Prince's attention. I was here so that my father could save enough money to pay off the house. I think a lot about that sometimes. I really do love the friends I've made and my girls it would be so horrible to say goodbye to them. I don't think my heart could bare it. I guess I ahd to make the best of it.

    I sealed up an envelope and handed it to one of the maids to mail. It was strange also, getting used to maids doing everythng for me. The other morning when I woke up I made my own bed and Alma nearly had a heart attack.

   I'm not sure if the Prince has been on any dates yet. I usually don't care enough to keep up with those things. I just spend my time in my room or in the Women's Room.

"Ok!" Ora came over and sat across from me. "So I have an idea"

I took a sip of my juice. "What's that?"

"Well," she reached over and grabbed my drink taking a sip then put it back down. "We should have a sleepover in my room."

I smiled shaking my head. "Sure. That sounds fun"

   Constance walked by bumping into our table and my drink spilled. Ora flew out of her chair and glared at her.

"Oh look its Conbitch Kennehoe"

Constance, mimicking a look of innocence touched her lips and said 'Oh I'm so sorry I didn't even see you!"

I stood up and a maid came over to clean up the mess.

Constance smikred. "Its like you were totally invisible"

"Yeah well check out my totally invisible finger!" Ora flung her hand up and I grabbed her wrist.

"Ora"

Constance snorted. "What a failure"

"Yeah well," Ora crossed her arms. "So was your dad's condom."

  I think all the jaws in the room dropped at that moment.

"Now scram toothpick. You're hurting my eyes."

Constance looked like she was going to say something but her crowd of girls formed around her and pulled her away. When they left the Women's Room I turned to face Ora. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?" she whined.

"You can't speak that way"

"It's freaking true!" she exploded. "I bet her birth certificate is just a fancy apology leter from her mother's birth control company!"

I shook my head and rubbed my temples. "You give me a headache."

"I hate her. I hope her hair falls off."

I slipped my arm through Ora's and started walking. "Come on."

She looked at me.

"Before you start cursing out one of the statues"

Her laughter filled the hallway outside the Women's Room.