Chapter Thirteen

"Hey!" 

  I looked over and smiled.

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" Ora wiggled her way through the crowd and embraced me.

"You look stunning!" I said.

She pulled back, smiling and fluttered her lashes. "Oh you know! I try!"

I laughed.

"You don't look to bad yourself Maia" she winked. "Trying to take a man down?"

I laughe shaking my head. "With competition like you I'd had to step up my game."

    We both laughed and we turned to face Silvia with our arms locked.

"Alright girls!" Silvia clasped her hands together. "This is the royal library"

  Silvia, for the past hour and a half, had been giving us a tour of the palace. We've already covered the ball room, dinning room, women's room, and the grounds outside. I had always dreamed of being in this very library. I was in love with it ever since that interview of the royals a few years back that took place in the library.

"Hey"

I looked over and Krystal was tiptoeing through the crowd.

I smiled. "Hey" I whispered back.

"Where's Tiny and Cecilia?"

Ora shrugged. "Last time I saw them was when Silvia brought us to the women's room"

"You will not be spending anytime here in the library," Silvia continued. "Because all of your lessons and classes will be held in the room upstairs we set up specifically for the selected girls' research"

  The library was something enchanting. There were two floors, where we were now, and a small upstairs balcony. There were several other seperate landings and twirling iron stiars. The ceiling was vaulted and looked like heaven. There was a huge fire place and big windows with the curtains drawn. I saw several step latters leading to books on higher shelves and the smile of old paper filled my nose. 

  I loved the smell of old paper.

  I wanted to reach out and touch the bindings of every novel.

"Sivlia"

  A collective gasp went through the girls, and a few squeals. I looked up and it was him. Him. The Prince.

  He looked exactly the way I always dreamed he would be. When I was younger of course. He seemed so calm, and laid back with a white button and beige pants. He had his sleeves pushed up to his elbows (which I aboslutely loved it when men did that) and a book in his hands. He walked over to the edge of the balcony and leaned over the railing. He smiled and it was the most enchanting thing I'd ever seen a human being do.

"I suppose my secret hiding spot is out, isn't?"

Silvia smiled. "Always a pleasure to see you, your highness"

"Likewise, Silvia."

"I was just giving these lovely ladies a tour"

The Prince stood up straight and carefully closed his book. He smiled again. "Lovely they all are indeed."

  The girls nearly died. So many squeals and laughs, silent giggles and flirty comments.

"Ohhh" Ora said. I looked at her. "I would have his babies"

Krystal laughed loudly, so loudly she snorted, then squeezed her nose which just made her laugh all over again. It was strange, I noticed, how the girls acted around each other. They've only known each other a day and yet they act as though they've known each other their entire life.

  I liked it.

  A lot.

"What's so funny?" Cecilia smiled and snuck up behind Krystal.

"Apparently Ora wants to mother the Prince's babies" I said.

Ora snorted but was still smiling. "Oh yes I would"

Cecilia smiled. They didn't need to give her a make over. She was still so beautiful. "He's so handsome isn't he?"

"Shhh" I looked to the front and Silvia was trying to get our attention.

"Now girls if you'll follow me we're going to go upstairs...."

   Her words trailed off and the crowd continued to move. I looked up watching the Prince watch the girls and wondered what it would be like if we just made eye contact at this very moment. Last night didn't truly count. We were both in disguise I suppose, and it was dark out. I noticed the bruise above his eyebrow was fading away quickly. Had I not known I hit him the night before I wouldn't have noticed the slight discoloration.

   When he looked my way I quickly turned my head avoiding eye contact. I kind of didn't want him to see me. There were so many other girls here maybe in another few days he'll forget all about me. When I risked a glance up again he was scanning the crowd intently.

   As if he was looking for someone.