Chapter Forty Nine

I wonder if this is what going crazy feels like. In an attempt to get away from Will I ended up climbing a staircase that left me on a roof. A roof where I was alone with Will.

"Great!" I threw my arms up in defeat. "I feel like nothing could possibly go worse for me"

Will looked around taking in his surrondings. "Of course you would lead us to the roof"

"This is your fault!" I pointed a finger at him. "You just couldn't leave me alone"

Will turned to face me completely, the build of his body suddenly intimadating. "If I had to follow you to the other side of the planet, I would."

I bit my cheek trying not to cry again.

"Because here's the thing," with every step he grew closer there was a booming sound of thunder. Half sun, half clouds. The sky was a strange thing. "No matter where you go, no matter what you do, I'm going follow you"

I hadn't realized I started crying again until I tasted the salt on my lips.

"I'm done trying to fight you, Alessa. I'm not asking for you to proclaim your undying love for me, or to give me your heart. I'm just asking if its possible" he said. "If there's the slightest possibility if you're as crazy about me as I am about you. I want to know if its possible if you could ever...if you could ever even consider this. We're a thousand miles apart, Alessa, my darling, and I'm trying to close the distance."

"I can't give you what you want!"

"Then say it!" he demanded. "Look at me and tell me you don't feel anything. Tell me that there's no possibility at all and I'll send you home, just as you want. Tell me, and I'll set you free"

With a rock lodged in my throat I said the only articulate thing I could muster. "William"

"Alessandra"

    There was a hammer pounding the inside of my head and acid going down my throat.

"Why?" I asked with a crackling voice. "Why me?"

   The thunder clapped over head and in a sky with sun and clouds rain poured from the sky. It was rain but sun. It was a sun shower. I looked up, already soaked and damned the world and its horrible timing.

"Am I as ridiculous and hoepless as rain during sunshine?" I asked.

Will looked completely and utterly done with my crap. "No you idiot," drops of rain fell from his lashes. "Because my darling, in a sky full of stars all I saw was you"

   All I did was take a step closer and that was enough to close the distance between us. WIll slid his hand behind my neck and his lips pressed against mine with incredible pressure. Not being able to help it I grabbed his collar and pulled him closer. Mixed with the salt of my tears, Will tasted like sweetness mixed with September sun shower rain. With his hand pressed against the small of my back I felt my skin on fire. 

     His hair felt like silk beneath my fingers tips and I lifted my feet from ground as he held me midair. I was ok with being short. I liked being short.

    So many people talk about their first kiss like its this whole huge thing but I think they've under estimated its significance, its power. A first kiss is more than magic, and fireworks, and sweetness. Its something monumental, I felt my entire world shift on its axis. The world was thrown into an entirely different perspective and all I wanted to do was live in my rainy kiss for the rest of my life.

    I kissed his lips so hard my lips were probably bruised and battered but I didn't care. My head rattled with the impact of the crushing of our mouths and Will lifted my head deepining our rainy day kiss and I swear if it weren't for the fact he was holding onto me I thought I'd fly far far away all the way to cloud nine where I belonged. I've wanted to kiss him so badly for so long and God, it was worth the wait but I really wish I'd done it sooner.

Feeling dizzy from head to toe, suddenly feeling an ache and sense of emptiness Will pulled away to look at me. My chest was heaving and I couldn't seem to catch my breath.

"Why-" I breathed. "Why did you do that?"

I loved the way the side of my face fit perfectly in the palm of his hand, and I hung on every last word as his thumb went across my lips. "Because if I waited for you to make the first move I would have died waiting."

  Despite everything I actually laughed. I couldn't stop laughing after that. I was soaked and my dress was sticking to my thighs but it was okay, I guess. 

    I was scared. So very truly terrified of what this all meant but I was willing to give it a shot because maybe....

"Its possible" I said. "Its very, very possible"