Chapter Twenty Seven

I kept my face in my hands. "I hate you"

"Oh come on!" Ora's voice rose in pitch. "You did amazing"

I leaned my head against the tile wall of the paalce bathroom. "I embarrassed myself in front of everyone because you insisted  I sing after I already said no!"

Ora's jaw dropped. "But i-!" she dropped her arms and made a face. "You need to stop being annoying and get your but off the bathroom floor"

"Ora," Cecilia said softly. "She's embarrassed. Show a little sympathy here"

  I sighed heavily and buried my face in my hands again.

"I don't see the problem though," Krystal interrupted. "You did amazing, Alessandra. We were all rendered speechless. Had you looked up you would've seen! All of the selected were rooting for you with us! It was great!"

"Even I was rooting" Tiny added, to reassure me.

Vanessa showed very little interest as she played with her nails. "It wasn't even that big of a deal"

I noticed a shift in Ora's modd and her facial expression scrunched up. "Oh shut up Vanessa! Your panties are just in a twist because-!"

The door to the bathroom opened and Kara and Maddy stuck their heads in.

"You alright kiddo?" Kara asked.

"You sang beautifully!" Maddy added.

 I smiled a bit at them. "I'm alright thanks"

   I noticed Kara and Maddy were like two peas in a pod. They were everywhere together and finished each other's sentences. If they were allowed to I'm pretty sure they'd both marry Will and share him just so that they could literally share everything. They would wear each other's clothes and do each other's make up. It was hard to imagine them being apart.

"Kk!" Kara sang.

"See ya later!" and Maddy closed the door.

I looked at Ora. "I hate you right now"

"Ughhhh!" she groaned. "Can you just....? Get up! And lets go eat! I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry" Vanessa looked annoyed.

"I think," Cecilia stood in the way of Ora. "We should all just head back to the party now. Hm? Come on"

Cecilia reached down taking my hands and pulled me up.

"Whatever. I'm going to get back," Vanessa said. "I kind of want to have fun"

Ora waved a hand. "Goodbye!"

    Vanessa shot Ora a fierce look before she flipped her hair and walked out.

Tiny took my hand. "We'll walk back in with you if you'd like"

I smiled at her. "That would only fraw more attention to me. A mob of girls?"

She giggled. "Okay"

"You guys go ahead," i said. "I'll meet you there. Promise"

   Krystal smiled at me and rubbed my arm before walking out. Tiny followed her and Cecilia flashed me a smile before walking out. Ora was the last to leave and when the door finally shut I felt the sobs threatening to choke me. I could still feel my knees shaking and all my joints turning to rubber. I leaned over the edge of the sink, staring at the faucet willing myself not to cry. To keep it together. I couldn't believe how nervous I was.

   Yet, it was amazing. Its been so long that I felt that before. That incredible feeling that courses through my veins and fills my heart with something I can't quite identify. I open the door and step out.