Chapter Twenty One

With a careful eye I watched as Cecilia moved the yarn and crocheted. Ora was eating, no surprise there, and Krystal was reading a magazine. No one had seen Tiny all day and Vanessa sat next to me trying to learn from Cecilia as well. 

    Vanessa's room is a few doors down from mine and that was how we met. She was a sweetheart with dark hair, freckles and hazel eyes.

   I rubbed my locket and continued trying to mess with the purple yarn I had in my heads. I loved purple. It was my favorite color.

"I was thinking," Ora pinched her nose. "Of pulling my nose up like this," she demonstrated. "And getting my lips puffed up like this," she puckered her lips. "And getting my cheeks lifted like this"

   Ora's face was a disorted mess as she pulled and pushed skin here and there with her fingers and hands.

Krystal laughed. "You could be the Botox Queen"

Ora waved in a royal manner. "Free lip injections for everyone!"

Vanessa laughed. 'Hurah!"

"Did you hear!"

   We all looked up and Maddy ran over to us.

"Hear what Cecilia asked?"

"The Prince!" Maddy exclaimed. "He needs a date to the annual Illean Italian Alliance ball!"

     The Illean Italian Alliance Ball is something that has been celebrated every year for the past few decades. It marks the date that the former Queen America and King Maxon made an alliance with the Italian royal family. Its tradition that all the members of the royal family attend but that they bring a date.

    Its been at least 20 years since Queen Eadlyn's selection. And even then by the time the ball came around her selection was done to the last few suitors. Its different now. Will's selection started just about a month before the ball. Only a few more girls were eliminated and we're down to 25. Impossible he'll be able to choose.

"What does that mean?" Ora asked.

"It means that we have a challenge!"

Kara ran up behind Maddy as jumpy as a jellybean. "I heard that Silvia is going to give us a challenge!" she exclaimed quietly. 'And whoever wins gets to be his date"

"That's stupid" I said. "Shouldn't he be able to choose whomever he wants?"

   All the girls turned their heads and I felt the weight of their stairs.

Maddy shrugged. "I guess so. But I have every intent on winning this challenge" she smiled mischeviously.

Kara punched her shoulder. 'Not if I win you out!"

  Like that they both went on their way and I felt myself suddenly irritated with the idea. A challenge? Over whom would be his date to a stupid ball? I put my crocheting material down and excused myself from the group. Maybe I was over reacting leaving the Women's Room abruptly like that but for some reason right when I think I'm a bit comfortable with the thought of the selection I find it stupid all over again.

   But I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't here for fun. I was here for daddy. I had to stay long enough to ensure he recieved enough pay checks to pay off the house. I turned the corner and bumped into someone.

I gasped.

"Oh!" Will grabbed my shoulders. He smiled. "I'm sorry"

I smiled.

There was a high pitched giggle. "Oh, our Alessandra such a klutz!"

Constance was standing next to him with most obnoxious smile plastered on her face. "Are you alright sweetheart?"

I shook Will's hands off my shoulders. "I'm fine. I was just walking to my room."

   Now I was really annoyed. I wasn't jealous exactly but it did piss me off a bit he was with Constance Kennedy. She's the reason girls have issues.

"I was actually looking for you earlier," Will said. "I wanted to speak to you."

   Funny. Considering he was with Constance.

"I'm easy to find, Will" I walked past them both. "Next time just look in the right places."

-

-

-

Hey guyssss!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I cannot believe so many people have been reading and loving this story!!!!!!

Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo incredibly flattered! It means the world to me! And I'm not just saying that I honestly and truly mean this! You guys fill my heart with sunshine!!!

So lots of you guys have been regarding Alessandra and Will as a ship XD XD XD I laughed so hard the first time I saw that! In regards to that I mean....right now we're in that awkward stage. Its kind of like they don't know each other well enough yet but there is definietly something there.

And we all know Alessandra is very adamant about not staying! She's also incredibly indescisive like me! Oops! But I assure you your ship WILL sail and when it does it will be pretty fast! When they fall they're going to fall hard and its going to be quickly. Well....for one of them at least!

One of my lovely girls wink wink suggested a ship name which was really cute but also incredibly long XD I mean idk maybe Wilessa? Walessa? Aliliam? Ehhh? Idk comment your ideas?

As you have noticed the recent chapters have been shorter. I wanted to know do you prefer longer or shorter chapters? Let me know guys!!!!!!

Again love you all sooooo much and I'll keep you updated!

You guys <3