Chapter Thirty Four

With Summer being the hottest and longest season in Angeles and the heat wave all week the royal family and the selected are spending the day at the lake behind the palace. Ora looked positively Ora in a huge straw sun hat, dark green cover up, and beautiful yellow bathing suit under. Her legs were on my lap, her flip flops nearly falling off her feet.

   In a matter of just four days 3 more girls were gone and we were down to fifteen. I noticed that the tension between my girls was quickly unwinding and I had assumed they made up. Especially after Will's late night visits almost this whole week they definitely seemed to be working together.

  That was another thing.

  Will.

   He'd been teaching me to ride side saddle with the horses but due to my unfortunate lack of courage the past few days all I did was ride with him. Not, that I was complaining.

   It was stranger trying to figure out How I felt about him. I came here with no intention of staying and now with the time I've given myself to stay running out I kind of questioned whether I wanted to leave or not. We were friends. Yes, that's it. I care about him the same way I do Derek, Emilia and Leslie's brother, or even the way I once cared for Thomas.

   It was nothing more it had to be nothing more. Cecilia I noticed lately acted a bit different around him. She'd stare dreamily at him for a while before looking away. She seemed to hide her emotions well but I had a skill for reading faces.

  And Cecilia was transparent as glass.

"You know," I looked up from my magazine to see Ora fanning herself, her eyebrows pressed together, staring through her sunglasses under the shade of the umbrella. "I don't like Will's sister. She looks like a bitch."

"Ora!"

"What!" she squealed. "Its true! Look at her stank face. Is there something I'm missing?"

  I sighed heavily and turned my head. No one really had the uh, pleasure, to make Princess Rosie's better acquaintance. She seemed to came and go, like a ghost, always implied but never seen. She traveled a lot supposedly and spent her time away from the royals. For 16 she looked miserable.

   She was sitting on a little boat with her mother and father out on the lake, a white lace umbrella over her head, her pale skin and dark hair making her look like a porcelain doll. Meanwhile the twins seemed quite intent with running around.

   The youngest of the royal children, Cohen and Angelina, were content with sitting under a tree, by themselves playing together. Angelina was a beauty blonde little girl, with rosy skin, and hazel eyes while her older twin brother Cohen, had red hair the same rosy skin and blue eyes. Strange they looked so much alike just in different colors.

  Cecilia and Tiny approached us with glasses of yellow lemonade in their hands.

"Its so hot," Cecilia gasped. "I'm melting."

Tiny nodded in agreement, taking a seat next to me. " I know."

   I smiled at Tiny. She was so kind, so innocent, and sweet. I wish she'd speak more often because every time she did she always said something worth listening to. Cecilia looked like an angel in a sapphire blue ruffled one piece and a skirt tied around her waist. Tiny was lovely and modest with soft pink cover up and shorts and a shirt under.

  It was hot, in fact, so much so, I felt my skin burning. With my hair to my knees it oddly kept me cool, blocking most of the heat, but today was too hot. I tied it up best as I could and I tried not to let the sweat dripping down my body cause my clothing or anything else to stick to me.