Chapter Forty Six

Two days and I knew there was something wrong. I'd been eating my meals in my bedroom and spent my two days back speaking with my girls. Gossip circulated quickly. Apprently Will has been pretty M.I.A lately.

   I sat near the window in the Women's Room doodling song lyrics in my journal. As of now there were thirteen of us.

Me

Beverly

Constance

Connie

Hope

Ora

Cecilia

Krystal

Tiny

Kara 

Maddy

Vanessa

Margaret

    I didn't speak much with Margaret in fact it was extremly easy to forget the little ginger with freckles was even there. I heard she had anxiety that's why she didn't spend much time around the rest of us and she was always in the hospital wing. I don't know.

   Constance waltzed in with Beverly by her side and she had a smirk on her face. She sighed loudly, and dramatically, and all heads in the room turned to face her. Even Ora who was playing cards with Cecilia, Krystal, and Tiny, looked over. 

"What's up with you?" Vanessa glanced up from her magazine.

Constance flipped her dark hair and slid into a stool, crossing her legs. "Just thinking"

"About what?" Maddy asked.

"Not that anyone cares really," Cecilia kept her eyes glued to her cards. "You're just interrupting the peace"

I giggled a bit and Constance squinted.

"You're just jealous I'm Will's favorite"

    At that I think everyone's necks cracked but I don't think I'll forget just how quickly Cecilia went from looking like she couldn't care to less to read to shove a butter knife in Constance's throat. Constance Kennedy was wearing thin on everyone's patience. Cecilia gave Constance a belittling look and waited for her to say more.

Satisfied with Cecilia's grim look Constance grinned widly and sighed obnoxiously. "You know he's really a wonderful kisser."

I felt my blood boil.

"I wonder what he'd be like in bed..."

At that Ora shot out of her seat, sending it flying behind her but it was Cecilia that stood up and spoke first. "Your legs are not a major tunnel of transportation, keep them closed"

"I'll have you know I'm pure!"

"No," I said and slammed my journal shut. "Your mind is just in the gutter"

She snorted at me. "Oh shut up you fat pig. You couldn't get a man to touch you even if you paid him"

"Yes, as compared to you who is only being touched when she is paid."

    My quick snap at Constance caused the entire room to fall silent. I felt dirty, and disgusted. I walked out of the room not looking back. This wasn't me. I don't insult people and imply things I shouldn't. I rubbed my head hoping to aliveate the pain but I was just so frustrated. I was frustrated with everyone and everything.

   I turned the corner and was convinced nothing in the world at that very moment could have gotten worse.

   Queen Eadlyn, Princess Rosie, and America approached and I wanted to bang my head against the wall. I wasn't in the mood for useless palace chatter. When the Queen glanced at me, immediately her eyes widened and then she smiled.

"Lady Alessandra!"

I smiled as best as I could as they stopped in front of me.

"Its so good to have you back."

I've been back for two days.

"Thank you"

"I do hope your father is alright" America added quickly. "I take it he's doing well?"

I nodded. "Yes. But I didn't exactly get the proper opportunity to thank you. Thank you so much for everything you did for my family." I shook my head in disbelief. "I don't know how I would have paid off those medical bills without you"

  The Queen's eyebrows furrowed and she looked like she was about to say something but the princess spoke first.

"We're not running a charity, what are you talking about?"

"Rosemarie!" The Queen scolded her.

America too looked a bit lost but she held up a deilcate hand. "She's right. You're welcome sweetheart"

   Pirncess Rosie, only sixteen, looked like the world did her some awful wrong. She looked like there was a sour taste in her mouth. Eadlyn was a bit confused, but quiet, and America looked like the wheels were turning inside her head.

"It was my husband and I's idea. You're very welcome sweetheart."

"Thank you," I replied not wanting to push the subject. "It meant the world"

   America smiled kindly and Eadlyn did too.

"Well you still owe me tea" 

I laughed. "Yes, its a promise"

The Queen lit up. "Yes! We could have Will join us in the gardens! Wouldn't that be just lovely?"

The Princess snorted. "If he even shows up"

America disregarded her haughty granddaughter and smiled at me. "What do you say?"

"I'm currently only speaking to you and any other members of the royal family, most excusively his royal highness, are not in my good graces at the moment." I stated.

The Queen chuckled. "Oh goodness, that boy. I sure would hate to be on your bad side."

"Its probably not even his fault" the Princess added.

"Yes but your brother tends to be like your grandfather sometimes. Oblivious to his idiotic tendencies" America argued.

   I do love America.

"I'm sure he means well" The Queen said, calmly. "Right Alessandra?"

"Yes well"

"I do hope Will gets back in your good graces soon" Eadlyn smiled at me kindly. "I happen to like you very much"

With a straight face I said, "I'm so sorry your son just happens to be a chronic jackass,"