Chapter Thirty Three

I sat there, obediently keeping my head still, as Esmeralda wove my hair into an intricate updo tucking a single rose into my hair. Alma was quietly cleaning up the bed while Junebug kneeled before me adding some last minute stitches to the hem of my dress.

    It was strange sitting in silence with my girls. I was so used to laughter and gossip and the sound of their playful bickering. When they were finally done I spun once in the mirror and smiled with approval.

"It’s beautiful girls"

   It was a gorgeous yellow dress with a baby blue sash around the waist. The dress flew out at my hips, the tulle under the dress giving it volume, and it the floor. Attached to the dress were long sheer angel sleeves and Esmeralda wove my hair in the most beautiful up do with curls going down my back and a rose in my hair. I opted for now jewelry today. Nothing but my locket.

   I was grateful when Cecilia knocked on my door and we walked together. Cecilia look positively breath taking in a sapphire blue empire style dress with bishop sleeves and jewels sewn into the long flowy skirt. Her hair was done to the side, the red of her hair accenting the blue in her dress, and her eyes looked like two lovely stars.

"You look amazing," I said a bit breathlessly. "You're going to turn heads"

Cecilia smiled at me brightly. "Thank you. I was kind of aiming at that"

I laughed.

"You look beautiful too" She said. "I love yellow. It makes your eyes pop"

   I looked down, flattening out the skirt of the dress. I didn't look nearly as lovely as Cecilia did. I never did really. In that moment it occured to me just how lovely she would look sitting on a throne with a crown on her head.

"Thank you"

"Your maids" Cecilia shook her head and kept walking. "I've never seen anything more magnificent then the things they put you in"

                                                                      ******

  I sat next to Ora and Krystal on my left. Cecilia sat in front of me and Vanessa and Tiny sat behind us. Cecilia turned her head to whisper something to the blonde, Connie, sitting next to her and I heard Connie giggle. Kara was up and answering a few questions Gavril Fadaye was asking. Supposedly, after being in the business for quite some time, his father Gavril Sr. retired and his son took over. Gavril was a vivacious person with a bright personality.

   I wasn't paying attention to the questions they were asking, I was too busy trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach. I was up next and I could feel the headaches coming on. All of Illea was watching. That meant daddy was watching too.

   Looking for some sense of reassurance I lifted my head to look at well.

  Have you ever witnessed something amazing?

  I suppose what's amazing is when you look at someone. Its amazing when you lift your eyes to find someone else's and they're already staring at you. 

     It had to be the highlight of my night.

   I felt my chest tighten and my heart constrict when I realized Will was staring at me the whole time. Trying not to make it obvious to rest of Illea I tuck a strand of hair behind my hair. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest when Will winked at me. I tried not to smile as I looked away so I put my head down concentrating on an oddly rather fascinating thread of fabric on my dress.

     Maybe we were friends I think we're friends I don't know. I really don't know.

  Cecilia looked back at me and a strange look overcame her features. I looked up at her and tried to smile but she turned around to face forward again and I missed my opportunity.