Through Highs & lows: chapter 3

"Oh my god that's cold." I say swimming back to the edge and pulling myself out the pool. "I guess that was fun." Colby laughs. "Shut up. I guess you can go suck Sam's dick." I retort. "The love birds are flirting." Sam says. "Aweee." Kat adds, as they both laugh. Colby and I give each other a look then push Sam and Kat into the pool. They resisted and we ended up having to throw them and the whole chairs into the pool. Colby and I start laughing. He leans over the pool and takes the chair out he hands them to me and I set back down. "Oh don't forget that." I say pointing to a random area of the pool. "What?" He asks looking back over. I push him into the water, but he grabs onto my arm and pulls me in with him. "Fuck me." I laugh as I pop out the water. "That's what your dad warned me not to do." Colby laughs. "Shut up. Technically he warned you not to get me pregnant and that's it." I laugh. Colby laughs along. When I turn around I see Kat and Sam looking at us in shock. "What it was a joke." Colby laughs. "Yeah. What do you want me to say?" I turn toward Colby and grab his face. "Oh my god Colby. I've been in love with you my whole life. We should go upstairs right now and you can take my virginity. We can fuck all day and night. Kiss me right now." I say. I pull his face forward, but instead of kissing we both burst out laughing. "They definitely like each other." Kat says to Sam. Both Colby and I hear her, but ignore it and continue laughing. We all start swimming and just messing around in the pool. By around one, we're all hungry so we decide to get out of the pool. "I don't really feel like making anything." I suggest. Everyone agrees. "Whose ordering?" Sam asks. "Nose goes." Kat calls out. We all put our finger to our nose, but Colby was the last one, so he has to order it all. "Damn it." He complains. "Too bad. You should have had faster reflexes brother." Sam laughs. "Whatever." Colby says walking over to his phone. "What do you want?" Colby asks as he looks around to us. We all give him our orders and he puts it in along with his own meal. "Okay it'll be here in like thirty or forty minutes. That was a lot of food. You guys are gonna make me go broke." Colby laughs. "Okay. Do you want to dry off and just watch some Netflix or something?" Kat suggest. "We all agree to it." After drying off I decided I wanted to put a shirt or something on though. Kat has a couple of long shirts that she sleeps in, so she let me barrow one. We go up to her room and put matching ones over our bathing suites. I start to open the door but Kat stops me. "Honestly though, did you at least kind of mean what you said about Colby." Kat asks me. "Not really." I respond. She just stares at me. "Okay fine maybe. I somewhat meant it. But even if I did. We've been friends forever and I don't want to ruin that. It's easier for you and Sam. Everyone knows you guys belong together. A lot of people like Colby and if he ends up liking one of them back it'll hurt I'm not gonna lie, but it won't change our friendship. If I told him that I liked him and he doesn't like me back it'll change everything." I say. "I guess you're right, but he does like you. Even your parents can tell. That's how obvious it is. You guys already basically act like a couple anyways." Kat says. "Well then that's good enough." I say before opening the door and walking out. Kat follows behind. "Fine. But you can't deny it forever." Kat says. "Deny what?" Colby asks. I turn to Kat, giving her a 'seriously?' look, before looking back at Sam and Colby. "Uh. I was just saying that I'm kind of scared to grow up, but I'm excited we will all be living in L.A. together." I say walking over to the couch and sitting next to Colby. "Yeah. It'll work out fine. I know it will. Plus we still have senior year before we move. What could go wrong?" He laughs. "Yeah your right." I say leaning my head on his shoulder. "Can you wake me up when the food gets here." I yawn. "Yeah. Of course." Colby smiles. With in a few minutes I drift off to sleep.