Through Highs & lows: chapter 77

"I wouldn't go that far, but it's your life   I'm happy for you I guess." He says, putting his hands up in defense. "You guess." I say. "No I'm happy for you. As long as your happy and love him and that cheesy shit." He says. "Good, cuz I do." I laugh. He pretends to gag. "Shut up and go to class. Why are you even out?" I ask. "I asked to use the bathroom, but then I saw you." he answers. "Go to class. Everyone in your class probably already thinks your taking a fat shit." I laugh. "What about you?" He asks. "I have a late pass." I say, waving it in front of me. "Why are you late?" He asks.  "That sir is none of your business." I answer. "But we're friends." he objects.  "I know. You still can't know." I say, sticking out my tongue. "Is it the reason why you we're crying?" He asks, observantly. "None of your business." I repeat. "Fine. I guess that's fair. I'll see you around." he says, pulling me into an unexpected hug. Never the less I hit him back, only because you could tell it was friendly. "See ya." I smile, pulling away. He turns around and start walking to whatever class he has, as I make my way down c hall.  I walk as slowly as possible to my classroom sitting on the other side of the hall. As I get about half way there the door to my classroom opens and a blonde haired boy steps out, before it can close. I immediately recognize it's Sam and yell out his name. He jumps up, before turning to me. "Oh my God my you scared the life out of me. What are you doing here?" He says, walking over to me. "I ended up having to come. It's a long story. What are we doing in class?" I ask. "Ugh. You don't want to go in there it's so boring. We've been taking notes. It's not hard, but it's so boring. I asked to go to the bathroom, so I can keep from falling asleep." He states. "Yeah. Looks like I'm skipping third period." I lightly laugh. "Well you have time to tell me the story now." Sam shrugs. "Your not going back?" I ask. He doesn't answer just pulls out his phone. He starts typing something, before looking back up. "Yeah no. I just texted Colby to bring my stuff after class. I may get in trouble, but I can't today." He says. "Fair enough." I laugh.  "Okay so how do I say this?" I say biting down on my lip, in deep thought. "Is it serious?" Sam asks. "Well yeah. Okay let's walk around and I'll tell you." I say. "Okay." He nods, and starts walking beside me. As we walk I explain everything to him. Including what happened this morning, which no one else new yet. I didn't really intend to mention it, but it doesn't really matter, I'll probably only tell Sam that part. While I explained everything we ended up sitting down on these benches by the back of the school, because they were under the shade, and because we had to sit down. It was so much to explain, we couldn't keep walking. I came really close to crying multiple times, but Sam was a good friend through it. He comforted me and encouraged me through all of it. I knew he'd be great to talk to and he'd be there to give an opinion or make me feel better. It's not that I didn't trust telling him before, I was just afraid that if I did, I'd have to feel all the emotions again. Newsflash, I did have to feel all the emotions again, but I didn't mind having a friend by my side. Especially since it was Sam. "So what do you think is gonna happen when you go home?" Sam asks. "I don't really know. I was gonna ask you guys if you wanted to hang out after school. I don't really want to go home right after school. It's a lot of stress, especially right after school." I say. "Yeah I'm down and I know Kat and Colby would be too. We can help you catch up on what you missed in your classes." He smiles. I sigh, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Thank you." I say. "Obviously it's no problem. Plus Colby would be doing most the work, considering you have all your classes together." Sam says. "Yeah. Hopefully he actually paid attention though." I laugh. "Yeah there's a fifty fifty chance of that, so good luck." He laughs. "Oh by the way, did you tell them I'm here?" I ask. "Oh no. I forgot." He says, before pulling out his phone. I take it away and set it on the table. He just looks at me confused. "Don't. I want to scare them." I say. "Good thinking." Sam laughs out.