Through Highs & lows:Chapter 5

I lightly giggle at her reaction and she turns to me. "Are you okay? What's Colby doing here?" Kat asks in worry. As my best friend notices almost everything, a change in my tone, redness in my eyes. We notice basically everything about each other, sometimes we even just feel it. "I'm okay. I just had a nightmare. Actually why are you here though?" I ask the last part, turning back to Colby. "Oh. Your mom let me in. She said she felt bad about me waiting so she sent me to wake you guys up. I actually didn't know Kat was spending the night though. I was gonna give you a ride to school." He says scratching the back of his head. "Oh. Thank you." I smile. "Ooooo." Kat laughs. "Shut up." Colby says, whilst I give her a death stare. "Okay, okay." She says putting her hands up. "Okay, but for real Colby. Get out we have to get ready. We'll be out in twenty." Kat says pointing to the door. "Damn twenty minutes. We'll be late regardless." He says in shock. "Okay fifteen minutes tops we'll be out soon. Go." Kat laugh. "Okay fine. Are you okay though." He says turning back to me. "Yeah. Thanks again. I'll explain it in the car or something." I say. "Okay. I'll be in the living room or kitchen or something." He says getting up and walking to the door. I just smile as he turns back one more time, before leaving and closing the door behind him. I get out of bed and of course the first thing Kat does is ask me about what happened? I explain to her the dream as we get dressed. "That's weird and really scary." She says as she braids her hair, in two french braids. "I know. I would say maybe it's a sign, but I don't think it is, or at least hope not. Actually scratch that, that could never happen. Otherwise me, Colby, and the universe, about to have some problems." I laugh. "Yeah. I know how much you care about him." She says looking at me. "Kat I know what you mean. But whether I liked him or not. I actually do care about Colby. He's one of my best friends and the only guys I trust with my life. My life would be dull without him." I say, as I put my shoes on. "First off ouch. Second then just ask him out." Kat says. "First, Shut up. You know what I meant. I wouldn't even have a life without you." I laugh. "Awe." She laughs along. "Second. I can't. We've been friends for too long. I don't want to lose him. Hence the dream." I state. "Remember his ex?" Kat asks out of nowhere. "Don't even mention that bitch. I find out anyone tries to hurt my Colby. I'll actually jump them. Colby can't hold me back this time. Like I'm not just talking about a black eye like her." I say irritated with that ho. "Bruh. Colby really kept you from going to jail. I know you meant that. You need to chill." She laughs. "I know. I can't when it comes to him sometimes though. He doesn't deserve to be treated like that." I say. "Hence the reason you should date him." Kat mocks me. "Shut up. Let's go." I laugh, as I open the door and we go out to the living room where Colby is waiting and talking to my mom. "Oh good. You guys take forever. Hurry up." My mom says motioning us over. "Sorry we we're talking. But we'll be on time. Even if it's the first day pf school though. They won't mark it if we're barely late." I say hugging my mom. "Okay. We'll you guys should still get going." She says as she hugs Kat. We walk to the door as Colby hugs my mom then leave. "Actually I'm going to take my car, I promised my parents I'd go to the store after school. Kat says walking to her car. "Okay. We'll see you at the school or in second period." I say hugging her before she gets into the car. Colby and I get into his car and we pull off behind Kat. "So we have all our classes together. That's good." I smile. "No it's not your annoying." Colby jokes. "Wow. Okay, fine I'll go to my consoler and get it changed today." I say. "No I'm joking. I need someone to talk to." He laughs. "Oh great you'll get us both in trouble." I joke. "That's the Colby guarantee." He says and we both laugh. "So what happened this morning?" He asks. "Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that." I lie, not wanting to really bring it up again.