Through Highs & lows: chapter 46

"Yeah. Let's go!" I yell running down to the water, pulling Colby with me. "Waite what if it's..." Without thinking I run into the water, still dragging Colby along. "That's freezing!" I say, feeling the cold water envelop my my whole body, up to my stomach. "That's what I was trying to say. Why do you keep pulling us further in?" Colby asks like I'm crazy. Which I might be. "Because our bodies have to get used to the temperature." I say, holding his hand and keeping him from stepping out. "But it's so cold..." Colby complains. "Oh stop being a baby. Let's dunk our heads under the water." I say. "No it'll be cold again." Colby says. "Do you want to catch a cold?" I ask. "No I want to go home and do some unholy things to you." He responds. "Well that's not an option and it never will be if you don't dunk your head underwater with me right now." I say crossing my arms. It's clearly a lie, but I do my best to act like I mean it. "Never?" Colby asks. "Never." I repeat, shaking my head. "Never..." He says, wrapping his arms around my lower back. "Colby that won't even work this time. I mean it." I say fighting any urge I feel in my stomach. "Fine." He pouts, before literally sweeping me off my feet and preparing to dunk us under water. I quickly wrap my legs around his waist and hold my breath. I close my eyes and before I know it Colby and I are both under water for a split second, before coming back up. "Awe. That was really cutee." Kat says as she and Sam approach us. Goodness, I keep forgetting their here. I almost jumped out of Colby's arms. I probably would have and fallen into the water if he wasn't holding onto my back. "You good?" Colby lightly laughs, probably noticing I flinched back. "Yeah sorry. I uh... Just forgot it wasn't just us." I say kind of embarrassed. Colby tilts his head back as if he's laughing, but not a sound came out, though his smile was big, making his dimples pop out. "Don't worry you have that same affect on me." Colby says. "I'm gonna puke if you guys don't stop." Sam laughs. "Shut up Sam, we didn't even do anything." I laugh. "Yeah, but you probably would have if I hadn't said something. Don't even lie." Sam says. "Yeah. Sometimes I'm afraid to check up on you guys. I'm afraid to walk in on something." Kat adds. "That's not true. If you were afraid you wouldn't check, but you're to nosy not to." Colby laughs. "Exactly." I laugh in agreement. "Okay whatever it doesn't change the fact that you guys are always five seconds away from fucking, which doesn't make sense because you still haven't." Kat says, defensively, but still half joking. "Your right Kat." I say looking at Colby. "She is isn't she?" Colby says looking back at me with the same mischievous eyes as mines. "Kat what did you do?" Sam says hitting his forehead. "What did I do?" Kat asks confused. "Oh nothinnng." I say. "Yeah, but I recommend you go to bed early tonight." Colby says. "And play some music on your headphones." I add, with a laugh. "What?" She asks, but I see her immediately realize what we were talking about right after the word left her mouth. "No. No. It was a joke." She says. "Emphases on the was, because it's not anymore." I wink, jokingly. "Nope. Sam and I will really go back to my house and when our parents ask why. I'll say the truth." Kat says. "Okay okay. We're just joking. Even though I know you wouldn't. That'd be to awkward." I say. "Good, but I really would." She laughs. "No you wouldn't." I argue. "Okay bet." She says. "Bet." I say feeling confident knowing she wouldn't. "Okay fine I wouldn't." She caves. We both laugh. "I kew it." I say laughing. "Are you ready to be put down?" Colby asks. "Oh yeah. I forgot you were holding me. I mean obviously I knew, because I can feel it. I just got used to the feeling I guess." I say laughing, kind of lost in my thoughts. "Your so weird." Colby laughs, gently setting me back down. "Tell me something I don't know." I laugh. "Your weird too." Sam says. "I'm not that weird." Colby says. "Dude a few weeks ago you sent me a snap of yourself and it was captioned 'I need to shit' What do you mean, your not weird." Sam laughs out. "Oh my god, did you screenshot it." I laugh.   "I did take a screenshot. I'll forward it to you." Sam laughs. "Okay damn Sam. Really, just gonna expose me like that huh?" Colby says, laughing along.