Through Highs & lows: chapter 45

"Okay Kat. I'm glad your here now. Colby was cool and all, but didn't help at all. He probably just told me whatever I want to hear so we can leave. I need you to tell me like it is and your honest opinions." I say to her. "Obviously. I'm your best friend, not your bitch." She laughs. "See this is what I need." I laugh. "Okay look at this. What do you think about it?" I ask Kat, picking up the same piece I was talking to Colby about. "I can't tell if it's cute or not." She says. "Oh my god exactly. That's what I told Colby." I see in agreement, and happy knowing we think alike. "You can probably tell better after trying it on." Kat says. "Yeah. Your right." I say. I look for my size and take it off the wrack. Kat and I look at a few more swim suites, each picking out a few, before deciding to go to the dressing room. When we get to the front of the dressing room we see an employee. She gives us each a number to that correlates with our dressing room. "Tank you, we say before walking to the rooms. Kat and I try on the our swimsuits and show each other the ones we like. Eventually I settle on a white one piece, with slits of open areas revealing my.  skin. (Outfit on Ig story/ top of chapter) Kat chose a red two piece with a tied notch in the front of the top piece. We take the swim suites that we chose with us to the front after changing back into our regular clothes. Since Sam and Colby already chose their swim trunks and tried it on before we went to the dressing rooms, we all just go to pay for our stuff before leaving. "Okay. So I have one question?" Kat says. "Where ars we gonna change?" She asks. "Oh. Actually I didn't think about that." Sam says. "Okay I got it." I say. "Well we took two cars. I'll just go with Kat and Colby you can go with Sam. I would say we could go how we came here, but considering this earlier... Yeah that's not a good idea." I laugh. "Earlier me and Kat or earlier Colby and his little guy?" Sam laughs. "Um. Both." I laugh. "Okay well Kat, your driving." I say. "What why?" She asks. "Do you trust the guys with your car, while your not there?" I ask her. "Okay fine." She says. I turn to Colby and hand him my keys. "Colby if you mess up my car I'll break up with you." I say before dropping the keys in his hand. Colby lightly laughs, but I don't. "Yeah. Okay." He says, kind of nervously. "I'm joking, but not really." I laugh. We all leave the mall, and split up before driving to the lake river place. My car was behind us almost the whole time, so we all arrived at the same time. Kat and I changed in the back of her car, and the boys did the same in my car. It was probably easier for them, because they only had to change into swim trunks. Never the less it didn't take long for Kat and I to change either. When Kat and I got out the boys were waiting, leaning against my car. "Oh wow." Colby smiles, almost jumping up from off my car and walking toward me. After those words came out his mouth, my mind kind of just blocked Sam and Kat out. All my attention is on Colby. "You don't look so bad yourself, but that's because your shirtless." I laugh. "You could be too." He says picking me up and spinning me around. "I didn't take all that time, finding a swim suit for you to almost instantly take off." I say. "Are you sure?" He asks, looking in my eyes. "That's cheating." I say, trying to look away, but failing to. "What I didn't do anything." He smiles, knowing that's a lie. "Then close your eyes." I say. "No can do. I can't take them off of you." He says. "Your such a flirt." I laugh, before leaning up and giving him a kiss. "I knew you didn't mean it." He says, pulling away. "Nope I did. Maybe the water will wipe that smirk off your face." I say, looking away from him and toward the body of water only a few feet away. "It looks really beautiful with the gleaming lights over certain areas." I say in amazement, while glancing over to Colby. "I know right. I'm glad you thought of coming here." Colby says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Agreed. Let's go jump into the water." Kat exclaims, reminding me that she and Sam are here.