Through Highs & lows: chapter 73

The next morning I wake up to complete silence. When I look down I notice that there is a blanket laying over me. I smile, knowing my mom probably laid one over me, before she went to sleep. I know it was really late when we went to bed. Come to think of it, my mom never told me why she was up. Huh? I'll just ask her later, I'm sure she'll be asleep for a while. I check my phone and notice I have a few unopened messages. One was just a good morning text from Colby. A text that just made me love him even more. The other texts were in the group chat, Sam, Kat, Colby and I had. The chats called called 'the inseparable four.' I read through the unopened messages. Colby said I wasn't coming to school. Kat called me lazy and Sam asked why. That was all, Colby hadn't answered. The messages sent over an hour and a half ago though, as it is nine right now. He probably didn't want to say too much without me. I just respond, by saying I had to pick up my dad today. I press send then get up. I put my phone in my pocket as I get up and walk to the kitchen. Surprisingly my legs weren't in an unbearable pain. They were still sore, but they actually felt a little bit better. I hear my phone ding and notice Kat responded in the group chat. "You mean that and the fact that you can't walk." She wrote. "So I see Colby couldn't keep his mouth shut." I reply. "When does he ever." She replies, along with the laughing emoji. "Good point." I reply. "I'll call you at lunch, before I get yelled at." She responds, and that was the last of mine and Kat's conversation. However, before I can even turn off my phone a text from Colby appears in the chat. 'Sorry babe. They made me.' He says. I laugh, imagining of how he would say it. 'Do your work. I need someone to tell me what we're doing in class.' I respond. 'No.' He simply replies. Fine if it's like that. I leave it on seen and put my phone away. Truthfully it's all just fun and games anyways. I look through the cabinets debating on what to make for breakfast, when my mom walks in the kitchen. "Oh hey." I smile, as I turn around, to the sound of her foot steps. "Good. Your up." She smiles. "Yeah. I was just thinking of making pancakes. Do you want any?" I ask. "Actually I was thinking we go get Jamba Juice." My mom suggests. "Smoothies sound good." I smile. "Okay go shower and get ready for the day." My mom says. "Why are we going somewhere after?" I ask. "Yeah. You'll see when we get there though." She says. "Okay." I shrug. I walk up to my room and grab clothes, a towel, and some lotion. I have everything else already in the bathroom. I go to the bathroom, take my shower, and get ready. (Outfit on top/ on highlighted story.) After getting ready I walked over to my mom's room. She was brushing her wet hair, as I walked in. She must have taken a shower down stairs. "So are you gonna tell me where we're going now?" I ask, leaning against her door frame. "Not until we get there." She answers, only glancing at me for a moment. "Why?" I complain. "You'll see. Stop being stubborn." She says. "Fine." I huff out. "Stubborn..." He mocks me. "Whatever. Are you ready to go?" I ask. "Do you have a hair tie?" She asks. "Yeah." I say, before handing her one off of my wrist. "Thank you. Let's go." She says, as she puts her hair up. I just turn around and start walking out. "So how did you sleep?" My mom asks, as we make our way to the front door. "Actually pretty well. Oh and thanks for the blanket. How about you?" I say. "I didn't sleep that well. I do oddly feel kind of energized though." She lightly laughs, as we reach her car. We both get in and she starts driving to Jamba Juice. "Wait. I just realized. I wasn't really paying attention, but I never gave you a blanket." She says to me. "I'm the queen of jokes like that. Stop playing." I laugh out. "Okay first no your not, you only learned it from me. Second, I'm not joking." She says. "Seriously?" I ask, still feeling like it's a joke. "Yes, seriously. I didn't even know you got a blanket. I'm not lying." She says, in a serious tone. I look over to her and she's not even holding back a smile, or doing anything to make it seem like she's joking. "What do you mean?" I ask, unable to believe her. "Caroline I'm not lying and I'm not joking." She says. I actually, heard a bit of concern in her voice this time too.