Through Highs & lows: Chapter 76

I walk into the front office of my school. My tears are dried, but I forgot my eyes are probably still red and the fact that I had just cried was still noticeable. "Good morning." The lady up front smiles. The moment she looks up at me her smile fades. "Are you okay?" She immediately asks. "Yeah. Can I get a pass to whatever period it is right now?" I ask, not wanting to talk about it, nor have to think. "Yeah what do you have third period?" She asks "Calculus." I answer. "Whose the teacher?" She asks. "Fuck. I mean crap." I say making a sorry face. She say smiles. "I don't remember her name, but it's in c hall. I think it's C-14." I answer. "Oh that's Ms. Baker." She says, filling out the pass. "Yeah that's the one." I sigh. She fills out the pass and hands it to me. "Thank you." I say, taking it and walking away. I walk to class, taking my sweet ass time. I know the period had to have barely started, and I really don't feel like being there for around an hour. As I walk down the pavement dreading every moment I get closer to my class, I hear someone call my name. "Caroline!" The voice calls again, getting closer. I turn around to see Dylan. Oh my goodness, your fucking me. "What did I ever do?" I mumble to myself, looking up at the sky. He finally approaches me and I look back to him. "What?" I ask, already irritated, before he can say anything. "Are you okay? You look like you've been crying." He says with concern. "That's because I have been. Is that all, because I have a class to go to. I don't really want to be there, but it beats being here so..." I trail off, turning back around. He did genuinely sound concerned, but still can't find sympathy at the moment. I honestly still wasn't even sure what to think about him right now. I feel a hand wrap around my wrist and I immediately pull back. "Don't." I say, turning back around. "Okay. I'm sorry. I just..." He rambles out, before trailing off. I sigh. "Fine go ahead." I say, crossing my arms. "I'm really sorry. It was so wrong what I did and I never meant to hurt you. Well I did. I wanted you to hurt, because I was hurt. But it was really wrong and I regret it. I've honestly had a bad conscious through the past few days. Since the night I said it actually. I really don't deserve you to forgive me, but I still needed to apologize. I J didn't see you in first period and I was kind of worried. I tried to ask Colby. He said you were fine, but refused to say anything else. I honestly just got even more worried. I'm so glad your here though and I saw you. I... ughh! I'm just so sorry." He says, speeding through words. "So you think you can just apologize and it's that easy?" I retort crossing my arms. "No of course not." He says viscously shanking his head no. After that I couldn't help, but let out a small laugh. "Well I'll have you know it is that easy." I say. "What?" He asks, so confused that it makes me laugh even more. "We're good I forgive you." I smile. "Why? I mean thank you. You honestly don't know how great that is. But why?" He asks. "Because I get it. Well I don't, but I kind of understand. I mean it was kind of my fault." I say. "It wasn't your fault." He says, finally smiling. "Agree to disagree. It doesn't matter though. We're cool now, like it never happened." I smile, putting my hand out, for him to shake. "Deal, but you have to let me make up to you." He says shaking my hand. "Like?" I laugh. "Let me take you on a proper date. I swear it'll be nice this time. And genuine." He says. "No can do." I laugh. "Why not?" He asks kind of concerned and confused. "I have a boyfriend." I say with a wink. "Who?!" He exclaims. "Shut up. My class is near by." I laugh out. "If you don't tell me I'll yell it louder and let security come take you to class." He says. "I'm dating the one and only Colby." I say, smiling at the thought of him. "Colby? Not uh. He does not deserve you." Dylan says. "Oh and you do?" I say crossing my arms. "Well no, but" he says. "But nothing. Trust me I don't even think I'm good enough for Colby. He's more than enough." I say with a smile.