Through Highs & lows: Chapter 67

"Well would you possibly want to sneak out tonight?" I smirk. Colby glances at me once again. "What do you have in mind?" He asks pulling up to a stop sign, then driving off again. "Well we could go home. Watch Dr. Sleep. Maybe in the living room in case my mom wants to watch too, of you mind. I just feel bad about not spending much time with her lately." I say, letting my add habits get the best of me. "Yeah of course. But the sneaking out." He chuckles. "Right. So at around eleven maybe... If your down you could sneak out. Pick me up and you know we could go to the hotel. That's if your in the mood though or if you want to. I'm just saying I'm down with whatever you are." I say, kind of nervous at the thought of him agreeing to it just because I brought it up. He thinks for a moment. "Honestly Colby we don't have to. I like sleep, I like you. I'm cool with whatever." I say. "Well I do like you a lot more than sleep." Colby says. "We do have school tomorrow though." He states. Damn this three day weekend has been so long and stressful, I forgot school existed. "Hmm..." Colby says like he's in deep thought. "Okay. Let's do it." Colby says. "Yeah?" I ask making sure. "Yup." He smiles. "Damn. I'm gonna have to cary you to all you classes tomorrow though. I mean it'll be worth it." He says. "Colby we have all our classes together. Why wouldn't we go together." I laugh, not really processing what he said. "No. I'm going to have to cary you. Or give you a piggy back ride or something... Because babe you for sure won't be able to walk tomorrow." He says, not even in a jokingly way. "Uh... I don't know if I'm excited for that or not?" I say, now taking what he said into confederation. "Trust me you won't complain. Not tonight anyways." He says. "Um. Okay this is where the conversation ends." I laugh. "I was just saying." He chuckles. "Your probably all talk anyways." I joke, teasing him. "That's a good one. I almost forgot to laugh." He says sarcastically. "Hm. Too bad I wasn't joking." I mumble, purposely making it loud enough for him to hear. He pulls up by my house and I just pull out my phone. I continue to look down, clicking on Kat's contact, trying my best not to smile. As I press call, I can feel Colby's eyes on me the whole time. I bring the ringing phone up to my ear, finally glancing over to Colby. "What?" I ask, pretending his look is ineffective. Right now it's truly taking everything in me to continue acting serious. "What did you say?" Colby asks. "That your all bark no bite." I shrug. "Your actually joking right? Cuz I'll really show you right now." He says. Kat then picks up the phone. "Hey Kat." I say ignoring his comment. "Hey." she chirps through the phone. For some reason this makes me want to laugh even more, but I don't. Instead I just let my smile grow. "Where are you and Sam?" I ask. "Oh Sam's parents called him because they needed something. I forgot what though." She laughs. "Anyways I was gonna call you and Colby, but I got tired, so I just went home. I actually just woke up like ten minutes ago." Kat says, with that same cheerful yet neutral energy. "Oh okay. Just making sure..." I hear Colby clear his throat, stopping me from talking. "Yeah?" I ask, turning to him. He glare at me, as if he's trying to figure me out. Like he's trying to tell if I'm actually joking. I face back forward, so it looks like I'm not. "Anyways, before I was rudely interrupted I was just checking up on you guys. I'll see you tomorrow though." I laugh. "Oh okay. Sounds good." She says. "Oh waite Kat." I say, turning to Colby. He stays quiet continuing to look at me. "I was thinking of actually walking to school tomorrow. We haven't done it in a while and there's nothing stopping us right?" I say, with a snarky smile. "Uh yeah. Besides us being lazy though." She laughs. "I guess your right. I was just joking. I'll see you tomorrow. Byeee." I laugh. "Uh bye?" She says kind of confused. I hang up, putting my phone back down. "I was joking with Kat. Not you." I laugh out to Colby. Now as I look at him, there's a fire in his eyes. "All talk huh?" He says, unbuckling himself. "Yeah..." I say hesitantly, before unbuckling myself and scooting closer to the door. "What's wrong? Afraid you were wrong?" He asks in a dominating voice.