Through Highs & lows: Chapter 60

"Mhm." Is all he says, before getting out the car and closing it behind him. My hand just drops to the seat and when I tell you, the rage shot up... I open the door and get up. "Fine, Colby. Go home then. I'm sure it'll be fun without you." I shove the popcorn to him. "I hope the waiter here is cute." I say. He huffs out a breath. "I'm gonna pretend like you didn't just say that. Let's just drop it and go play some stupid golf." He says. "Gladly." I say in a sarcastic tone, walking off without him. I hear him sigh in a annoyance, but I don't care. I really don't know who the fuck he thinks he is. I know he has that damn attitude because he's always done that shit with me. Even when we weren't dating, he was protective over me. I mean, I always discarded it because he's still always been one of my best friends. However he knows, best friends or dating I won't let him give me shit. I see Kat and Sam waiting, by were you pay for the golf balls and clubs. They wave as I approach them, Colby only about a foot behind me. "Hey." I say smiling at them, as if I'm fine. "Hey." Colby says, in a more dead tone. "You know you don't have to be here, if you don't want to." I say, turning to him. He just gives me a sarcastic smile. I just roll my eyes and turn back to Sam and Kat. "Okay, let's get our stuff." I say to them, discarding Colby. "Do you guys need to talk first?" Sam asks. "No Colby's just being a stubborn baby over literally nothing. He knows I won't take his shit though. Right Colby?" I say, turning to him. "Can you shut up. I just want to play golf and leave." He says. I know I should be extremely pissed at that comment, surprisingly I'm not. I just put my hands up and laugh. The only reason I'm not mad is because I know I'm getting more on his nerves, and he deserves it. "It's not funny." He says. "Oh of course not sir." I say turning back. I notice Sam and Kat already got their clubs and started walking to the first station. "Hey wait!" I call out to them. "Yeah we'll wait over here while you guys figure that out." Kat laughs. I shrug and walk up to the front desk. I look back at Colby, then to the guy handing out the clubs. He had a beautiful smile on his face as he looked at me. I glanced to Colby, who I saw glaring at him, from behind me in the line of only us too. "What can get you?" He smiles. "Two golf clubs." I smile. "Oh are you waiting for someone?" He asks. "No I'm here with my incredibly stubborn boyfriend." I laugh pointing behind me. "He seems mad. He doesn't look like he deserves you." The guy whispers, pulling out the clubs and handing them too me. I think Colby heard him, before he stepped closer, looking mad as shit. "Actually he deserves the world. Nit that it's any of your business though." I say, grabbing the clubs and handing him the money. "Waite you forgot the golf balls." He says, as I start to walk away with Colby. I jog back and grab them, while Colby waits for me. "See that's exactly what I mean." Colby says grabbing my hand as I return to him. "Okay maybe if you were stood next to me and actually acted like my boyfriend this time." I say. "Are you defending him?" Colby asks, pulling us to a stop. "No. Even though it wasn't really his fault, it still wasn't his place to talk. Plus I still defended you to him. Why are you in a such a bad mood all of a sudden." I say. "Because I am." He says. "That's not an answer." I say crossing my arms. "Well it's my answer. Let's just go Kat and Sam are waiting." He says. "Fine." I say, handing him the club and golf ball. "God such a dick." I mumble walking off. "What?" He asks. "Nothing." I say. We approach Sam and Kat once again. "Ready?" Sam asks. I nod my head. "Okay I'll go first." Kat says excitedly. Kat goes first getting extremely close to the hole. Sam goes next, then Colby, leaving me last. I honestly have mixed feelings about mini golf. I enjoy it and I'm not bad, but I can't putt for the life of me. None of us make a whole in one, so Kat hits it again, making it in the second try. For some reason she's oddly good at this. Sam goes next and barely misses, but is like half an inch away.