Through Highs & lows: chapter 38

I run down the stairs and to the kitchen. I pop a bag of popcorn into the microwave. Then grab a few snacks while it cooks. I sprint up the stairs with the snacks and take them into the room. I set them all down on my bed then go back out and jog down my stairs. I stop the microwave at one second before it beeps. I pull out the popcorn and grab two cans of coke from my fridge, before walking back to my room. I walked this time because I didn't want to shake the sodas. "What are you guys doing?" Kat asks. "Nothing. We're just gonna watch television then we'll watch the movie tonight." I say stopping to talk. "But I have another movie picked out for tonight." She says, pausing the movie that's currently playing. "Oh well then we'll watch that one. Tell me when you guys are done watching this movie, I'm sure it'll be gone by then, so we can all go out or something." I smile before starting to walk away. "What will be gone?" Kat asks. Then I realize what I said. "What? I didn't say anything will be gone." I say, acting oblivious. "Yes you did." She says sitting up. I look over to Sam and I see him thinking about it. "No I didn't. You probably didn't hear me. I said then we can go somewhere." I say turning around facing the stairs. "I'm sure it's nothing to big." Sam laughs realizing what 'it' is. I almost drop all my stuff and start dying of laughter. "But bigger than you might think." I laugh. "I doubt it." He responds in laughter. "Stooop. Tell me." Kat complains. "I'm sure Sam will tell you once I leave." I say walking up the stairs. "Did you give him a hickey or something?" She calls out. "Nope." I call back before getting to the top of the stairs. I'm still laughing to myself as I walk into my room. "What happened?" Colby asks. "Nothing." I say. "But why are you laughing?" He asks. "It was just over something small." I say continuing the joke, he doesn't get. "What?" He asks confused. "Just forget it. The snacks are ready, I got us drinks and Netflix is ready to be played. Plus I'm ready to draw you. I say putting the rest of the snacks down. I hear Kat start laughing all the way from down stairs and I can faintly hear Sam's laugh too. "Are they laughing about the same thing?" He asks. "Probably not." I laugh, clearly lying. "If you won't tell me. I'll ask them." He says, standing up. "Woah there cowboy you sure about that." I say pointing down. "Okay your right." He says sitting right back down. I walk over and sit next to him. My smile is still big, as the joke is still on my mind. "Just tell meeeeee." He begs poking me. "Damn I can't draw you now. I just can't stop thinking about it." I laugh. "About what?" He asks, continuing to poke me. "Fine you want to know?" I ask. "Yeah duh... That's what I've been asking." He says, now sitting patiently waiting for me to tell him. "Okay don't get mad though." I say warning him. "Okay. I won't." He says confused. "Okay we we're laughing because somehow, I don't know how so don't blame me, because I didn't say shit." I warn him once again. "Okay just tell me." He says impatiently. "Okay geez. Sam somehow figured out you got a boner and was joking about it. Like saying it's nothing 'big.' Or like when I said it's over 'something small.' Then when you heard Kat laugh it was probably because Sam told her." I say, trying to keep myself composed and from laughing again. Colby sits there with his mouth open.  He gets up and walks to the door. "Are you going to go prove their point?" I ask. He just gives me a quick glare before turning back. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." I laugh. "Sam you can shut up. At least I have nipples and not mosquito bites." He yells down the stairs. I start laughing even more. "I'm sorry I can't here you. Why don't you come down stairs and tell me? Oh right you can't little bone." He calls back. I couldn't take it anymore. I fall to the floor laughing. "Oh you think that's funny?" Colby says with a smile, turning to face me and closing the door. "No I'm sorry. I can't help it." I say continuing to laugh, so much that I'm gasping for air. "Oh yeah." Colby says walking over to me and picking me up then laying me on the bed. "No Colby. Look you made the snacks fall." I say, still trying to breathe, and not laugh.