Through Highs & lows: chapter 30

"Hey." Sam answers. "Hey, where are you?" I ask. Well I started driving to the restaurant, then got kind of lost, so I put on google maps and now I'm on my way. I'll be there in like ten minutes." He says. I can tell I'm on speaker, because I can here the traffic and I can hear him trying to speak over it. "Why wouldn't you just use google maps in the first place?" I ask. As soon as Kat hears hears me say that she hits her head. "Oh my god. Why am I dating him?" She laughs, causing me to laugh too. "I thought I remembered how to get there." He says. "Well clearly not." I laugh. "Shut up. I'll be there soon." He laughs. "Okay. Bye." I say. "Bye." He says before I hang up.  "He said he'll be here in around ten minutes." I say. "Ten minutes, but I'm hungry now." Kat complains. "Well Sam always used to get the same thing. We can order that and all our orders right now. It probably won't be done until he gets here anyways." Colby suggests. "Yeah, but what if he doesn't want to order that?" I say. "Well it's his fault for being late. Plus I'll pay for the meals, so it won't matter, because I paid for it." Colby says, now just looking at me, but still kind of talking to everyone. "Awe you don't have to do that. I'll pay for half of it." I say to him. "No it's fine." He says. "I'm not gonna let you pay for all of it. I'm paying for half." I say. "We'll see about that." He says. "Okay fine. I just got paid last week anyways." I say, before turning back and looking at everyone. "You guys know you don't have to pay. We're the adults we can do it." My mom says. "We'll were basically adults. It'll be my treat." I smile. "You mean my treat." Colby says wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer to him. "No. I really don't." I say, smiling. "Fine you don't have to. I'm still paying." He says. "Why is it such a big deal. I can pay." I half argue. "It's not, but your my baby and I want to pay." He says. "Fine." I huff out. "But just remember when you called me stubborn this morning." I mumble, having a plan in mind. The waiter comes over and asks for our orders. We give him our orders along with Sam's order and all ordered drinks. We didn't know what drink to order him, so Kat just said to bring him a coke. As the waiter walks away Sam walks in. "Did you order without me?" Sam asks confused, as he takes a seat next to Kat. "Yeah we kinda just got you your old order and a coke." I laugh. "You we're barely too late too." I add. "Oh. It's okay. I would have ordered that anyways. Still though what if I didn't like that anymore. My taste buds could change." He laughs. "Sam it's a burger. I know your taste buds didn't change that much." Colby says. "Exactly." I laugh. "Good point." He says. "So what happened with you getting here so late?" Kat asks tauntingly. "I kinda got lost." He says running his fingers through his hair. "You didn't use google maps?" She asks trying to sound oblivious. "Well not at first." He says. "Why not?" She asks. "Because I thought..." Before he finishes the sentence she starts laughing. "I'm just messing with you. I already know what happened. I just wanted to hear you say it, but I couldn't keep from laughing." She giggles out. "Haha very funny." Sam says sarcastically, but he couldn't help but to let out a small laugh himself. We all talk until the food arrives. Colby and I kind of forgot about the whole shading a plate thing. I only remembered once I saw the plates come and I realized how much food it really was. Colby and I both ordered the same thing as Sam. We all got a burger with fries. Except I asked for no mayonnaise and Colby asked for no pickles. "Damn maybe we should have shared a plate. I forgot how big the burgers are." Colby whispers to me as the waiter sets down the plates.  "I was just thinking that." I respond back. We thank the waiter, before he walks off and we start eating. I look at my burger and notice it has mayonnaise. "Your joking right." I say sarcastically. "What?" Colby asks. "My burger." I say motioning to it. "Oh. Do you want me tell them. I'll get you a new one." He says. "No it's okay. I'm not that hungry. I'll just eat the fries anyways." I say, stopping him from getting up.