Through Highs & lows: chapter 35

Sam almost immediately picks up. "Hey. Sorry I had to get gas, I'll be there in like three minutes." Sam says, already knowing what we were going to ask. "Wow three minutes. That's really soon. One might same you couldn't do anything in such short time." I say. "Shut up." Colby murmurs. "What?" Sam asks confused. "I was just proving a point." I say. "A stupid one." Colby adds. "Yeah okay. I don't really want to know. I'll be there soon, I'm turning down the street now." Sam laughs. "Okay the door will be unlocked." I say. "See you when you get here." Colby says, hanging up. I walk over to the door and unlock it as I hear his car pull up by my house. I can't help, but to think about my mom and what Kat said. I was glad she was staying at Kat's house. I think it'd help her feel better. My mom and I are actually a lot alike, so I understand how she feels and certain decisions she makes. "Hey Colby, do you think that you and Sam could stay over too?" I ask him, letting my ADHD get the best of me. "Maybe we'll probably have to ask my mom in person." Colby says. The door opens and Sam walks in. "Hey." He says, walking over to us. "Hey." I smile. "Where's Kat?" Sam asks. "She's on her way." I say. "Do you think you could stay the night, if Kat and Colby are staying too?" I ask him. "Uh? I don't know. I could call my parents and ask. I mean it's you guys so probably." He says. "We don't know if I can stay yet though. "Yeah, well let's go find out." I say pulling him to the door. "What about Kat?" Colby asks. "She has a key." I say, opening the door. "Are you coming Sam?" I ask. "Yeah sure. I'll just text her before calling my parents. He says. "Okay. Perfect." I say walking to my car. "Waite I have the keys." Colby laughs. "Oh right." I say walking to the passenger seat. Sam locks and closes my front door, before getting in the back seat of my car. Colby drives in to his parents house and in the mean time Sam calls his own parents to ask. They inevitably say yes and we get to Colby's house. We walk up to his front door and knock. His mom opens the door. She immediately has the sweetest smile on her face, seeing us. She pulls Colby into a hug. "Hey Caroline." She says letting go of Colby and hugging me. "Hey Mrs.Brock." I smile, hugging her back. "It's been a while since I've seen you. I missed you." She says. "Yeah. Sorry, I guess we haven't really gotten to hang out here lately. I've missed you too though." I say as we pull away. She hugs Sam, then we all go inside. We sit down in the living room to talk. "Are you guys hungry do you want anything?" She asks. "No I'm okay." I say. "Sam?" She asks. "I'm good too." He smiles. "Okay." She says, taking a seat. "So I heard about what happened. Are you okay?" She asks me. "Yeah. We're going to visit my dad tomorrow. He moved earlier today, so we're hoping that may mean he's gonna gain full consciousness soon." I say, knowing what she's referring to. "Oh okay. That's really good." She smiles, with soft eyes. The same ones, she passed down to Colby, but he got the beautiful color from his dad. "So what are you guys stoping by for?" She asks. "Well we were wondering if you would let Colby sleep over at my house? But it's gonna be like all of us, me, Kat, Sam, and Colby." I say. "Well I don't know. I heard you and Colby we're dating now." She jokes. "Okay, I'll break up with him right now, if you let him stay." I say. "No it's okay.  he can stay over. I trust you guys." She laughs. "Plus he couldn't do any better anyways." She laughs. "Hey! I mean true, but no one could, in my defense." He says, laughing. "Your whole family just likes making me blush." I say, actually blushing. Colby's mom just laughs. "So how is Kat?" Colby's mom asks. "She's good. She's probably back at my house by now. We could gave time her, if you'd like." I suggest. "Oh no. You guys shouldn't leave her waiting." She says standing up. "I'm sure she's fine. She has a key." I say. "We'll we can talk to her, while Colby goes to pack his clothes." She says, turning to look at him. "Fine." He says getting up. "I'll be back." He says leaning down and kissing my cheek, before walking to his room.