Through Highs & lows: chapter 33

"Can you drive?" I ask Colby. "Yeah sure." He says. I hand him the keys, then get into the passenger seat. Colby starts the drive back to my house. I lay my head against the window thinking, mostly about how ignorant some people are *cough cough the waiter* but also just thinking in general. I really hope my dads okay. That lunch actually did make me forget about everything going on. Now I'm on a quiet ride home with Colby, where all my thought and memories are welcome to flood in. I sigh and lift my hand up from the window. I turn and look at Colby. I don't really know what to say, I just want to stop thinking so much. "What were you thinking about?" Colby asks, before I can ask anything. "Seriously... The one question you ask." I say. "Huh? Sorry? I was just asking to start a conversation or something." Colby says confused. "But I do care what you think about, but I'd never make you tell me." He adds, still sounding a bit nervous. "Damn it your really cute. Even if I was upset I couldn't be when it cones to you." I say laughing at the nervous state of mind he seemed to be in. "Oh okay. So are you sure you don't want any chocolate?" He asks. "No. I'm good." I laugh. "Colby, I'm not really on my period." I say as he pulls up to a stop light. "What? Then why would you..?" He says looking at me. "Well do you remember that waiter?" I sigh. "Yeah." He says tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "Relax." I say placing my hand on his leg. He takes one hand off of the steering wheel to hold my hand. "Well I bumped into him as Kat and I were leaving. Well he bumped into me, but same thing. Anyways let's just say he was acting like a jerk so I told him off and left. I didn't want to cause any commotion so I told you the first thing that came to mind." I explain. "That's why you guys were laughing?" Colby asks. "Yeah." I smile. "Damn, so you lied to me?" He says. "Yeah." I say looking down. "I guess I can't be mad I probably would have gone back and he wouldn't be working there anymore. Not because he was fired though. More like in the hospital." He says. "Well I'm glad your not mad, but that's a little bit over exaggerated, don't you think." I say. "No I meant exactly what I said." He says glancing over to me. "Uh? I can't tell if that's really sweet or just reckless." I laugh. "How is that reckless?" Colby asks. "Okay do you not hear yourself?" I say. "Okay thinking about it you may have a tiny point." He laughs. "Wow. Do you think?" I ask sarcastically. "Okay. I get. You don't have to be mean." He laughs. "So if your not on you period, that means we can still" "No." I laugh out, cutting Colby off. "But why not? Your really pretty and beautiful and..." He trails off. "Awe and what?" I say, still feeling giggly as Colby stops at another light. "And I really want you." He says turning to me and locking eyes. The atmosphere immediately changed and neither of us were laughing anymore. "Colby." I say in a whisper like tone. A blearing noise makes me lose my train of thought. Colby looks up and realizes the light turned green. He continues to drive. I can tell he's trying to keep his eyes on the road, but I can see him glancing at me every once in a while. In the mean time my eyes were on Colby the whole time. I just sat there quietly, impatiently waiting for us to pull up to my house. The tension was eating me alive and I didn't like it. I was honestly contemplating everything. On one side, it's Colby how could I say no? I can literally feel his love for me in the core of my stomach. And don't get me started when he gives me that little look, I can't even focus, let alone say no, especially when I don't want to. But then there's the other hand, the more realistic one. Even if I wanted to Sam and Kat are also going to be here. I wouldn't do that. I look over to Colby and just quickly eye him up and down. Okay um... Maybe I would. That's not the only problem though, I have no idea when my mom plans on getting home. Colby pulls into my driveway and I realize that neither Kat nor Sam are here yet. I see a spark in Colby's eyes as he realizes it too. Great, now I really have to make a quick decision.