Through Highs & lows: Chapter 61

Next Colby goes and he also makes it in. My golf ball isn't that far away from the whole, but like I said, I suck at putting. I hit the ball and somehow make it even further away from the whole. Since Kat and Colby already finished Sam goes next. Of course he makes in. I prepare to hit the ball, but Colby stops me. "Waite. Your standing wrong. Let me help you." He says, walking over. This is actually the first words we've said to each other since starting the game. "I'm fine. I don't need your help." I say. "Come on I'm not tryna be here all day." Colby says. "You know I shove this golf ball up your hole, if you don't shut up." I say, glaring at him. I hear Kat and Sam failing to hold back laughs, but my gaze stays on Colby. He glances to them, but instantly looks back at me. "Baby please? Just let me help you." He says. I let out a breath. "That's not fair. You can't just do that. You can't be a dick to me, then call me baby and I forgive you. Colby I'm not gonna let you do that." I say crossing my arms. "I know. Your right. I am sorry. Like really. I over reacted. I was just worried." He says. "About what?" I ask. Before he can answer Kat clears he throat. "Sorry. Someone is waiting." She kind of whispers. "Go to the next spot. We'll catch up." I say. "Actually we'll probably go. We have to talk." Colby says, never breaking eye contact with me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking though. "Okay. We'll see you soon." Kat says. "Bye. See you soon." I say, before they walk off. Colby and I grab walk back to the front. I give the guy the stuff, before leaving. This time the guy doesn't say anything. Usually I would think that's rude, but I honestly thought he was scared of Colby. Colby and I walk back to his car and both get in. "So..." I say. He sighs and looks down. "Colby I don't understand why your angry, or worried, or what ever is going on?" I say. "It's just..." He trails off, still continuing to look away. "Just what? Colby you can tell me. We're dating, and even if we weren't, your one of my best friends. I love you more than anything. Please." I say. "Did you cheat on me?" He asks. "What?" I ask in complete shock. "No. Why would you ever think that." I say, as tears form just thinking about it. "Well you were asking me about it and I started thinking. I just got worried. Then I started thinking about everything and it just got under my skin." He says. "You don't trust me?" I ask, my voice cracking. "No baby. I do. Of course I do. I just don't want to lose you." He says, finally meeting my gaze. His eyes are glossy and look strained, like he's holding back tears. I wipe my face and look away. "Colby..." I say, as tears fall completely over. I face the window, bit being able to look at him. I feel him grab my hand. "I'm sorry. I know you would never cheat on me. I was being really stupid. I don't know what I was thinking." He begs. "Colby my dad was cheating on my mom." I blurt out, crying. He goes quiet, probably trying to process what I just said. "That's what you were asking about?" He finally says. I turn to him and nod my hand. "I'm so sorry. I'm actually the worst. I was just basically accusing you of cheating, when you are already dealing with the wait of the world." He says. "It's not your fault." I whisper. "Yeah it is. Come here." He says. I look at him confused. "Over the arm rest. It's fine." He says. I slide over the arm rest and sit in his lap facing him. He holds me against him, brushing his fingers through my hair. "So did you tell your mom?" He asks. I take in short breaths, and let out one long breath. "She told me." I say, finally being able to speak. He gives me a weird look, like he's trying to figure out how that works. "My dad doesn't know. She's going to tell him as soon as he recovers. I don't know what comes after that." I explain, laying my head on his shoulder. "I'm sure it'll be okay." Colby says, trying to comfort me. It honestly doesn't work, but I pretend he's right and huh him tighter. "I really am sorry." He says hugging me. "I already forgave you." I answer. "But I still feel bad." He says. "Of course you do. That's why it's always so easy to forgive you." I say.