Through Highs & lows: chapter 44

"Can you call Kat?" I ask Colby. "Yeah sorry." Colby lightly laughs out in response. He calls Kat and she answers in no time. "Hey sorry. We got caught up talking to Sam's parents. We're on our way right now. Sorry, have you guys been waiting?" Kat asks. I was about to speak, but Colby stopped me. "Yeah. So waite, are you guys barely leaving?" Colby asks. "Yeah, I'm sorry." Kat says. "No it's good. You owe us one though. We've seriously been waiting here forever and Caroline has me walking around this whole mall, looking at stuff and she hasn't even bought anything." Colby says. "Okay fine. I owe you one. Bye." She laughs. "Okay bye. We'll see you when you get here." Colby says before hanging up. "Now all we have to do is get there first, which won't take long because we're not that far." Colby says to me. "Your messed up." I laugh. "No I'm smart. Now they owe us one, and can't complain at all while we pick out swim suits." Colby says. "Yeah only because you lied." I say. "Okay so. I didn't lie to you." He says. "That's because if I ever find out you've lied to me like that, I'll shove my foot so far up your ass it's gonna come out your mouth." I threaten. "I got it." He says, putting his hands up in defence. "But don't lie. It's a good idea and you know it." He says. "Yeah okay." I laugh. "Come on." He says, before opening the door. We get out from the back, and move from to the front. "Colby." I say glancing over to him, pulling back. "Yeah baby?" He smiles. "Thank you." I say. "Of course. It's not your fault." He says. "But it is. I didn't tell you what was wrong so I let all the small things build up and let it out on you. I made you have to deal with all my scrambled emotions at once. I should have just told you in the first place. I was just scared and I felt bad, so I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I say, before taking in a deep breath and letting it out. "I know it won't, but even if it does I'll still be here." He says placing the back of his hand on my lap, waiting for me to grab it. "Okay." I smile, grabbing his hand. We arrive to the mall with in a few minutes. I text Kat and tell her to meet us at H&M, when she gets here. She text me back saying she'll be there in like three minutes. "Colby and I walk into the mall and go straight to H&M. "Okay let's just start looking now, maybe pick out a few things, then we can try it on when Kat and Sam get here. I say to Colby. "Okay sounds good." He smiles. "Okay. Let's look for my suit first." I say, already pulling him to the women's section, before he can disagree. I look around for a bit, asking Colby what he thinks of different outfits. I get to one and I can't tell if it was really cute or Ugly. "Colby what do you think about this one?" I ask holding it up to my body. "I'm sure it would look amazing you, but I'm sure any of them would." He says. "Awe your just saying that though." I say placing it back on the wrack. "Baby. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but does it matter if we go swimming tonight you'll barely be able to see it, it's the middle of the night." He says. "Yeah, but I'm not just gonna use it once. I want one that's like my new favorite. That I'll wear through these last days that we have of summer time. We're in school, so it'll get cold soon. I wanna look my best." I say. "You always look your best." He says, grabbing me at the waist and pulling me closer. "That's a lie, but thank you baby." I say before placing a small kiss on his lips." I pull away, then start looking at more swim suites. "We're never gonna leave." I hear Colby murmur, but pretend I didn't. Before I decide on anything or even finish looking, Sam and Kat walk up to us. "Oh thank God. Come on Sam." Colby says relieved. "I would be offended or say something, but you were no help anyways." I laugh. "Then why did you ask me about almost every single one." He says. "I thought maybe something would happen to make your opinions useful. Maybe they will be after we try them on." I laugh. "I just want to chose something and go. We'll be back soon." He says, before they go off to the guys section.