Through Highs & lows: chapter 25

"Fine by me. I could deny you for weeks on end." I laugh. "You could. But you won't. I know you too well." He says. "Cocky much." I laugh. "No just confident in how I feel and how I know how you feel." He says. "Yeah okay, whatever. Can we go watch YouTube now?" I say. "Yeah of course. So what are we watching?" Colby asks. "Kian and JC's first video on their duo channel." I say as if it's obvious. "Really after all that?" Colby asks. "Duh. Someone's insecure." I laugh. "Shut up and just put it on." He laughs. We walk back to the living room and sit on the couch that Kat isn't laying on. I put on Kian and JC's video and Colby and I start laughing with in the first five seconds of the video. By the end of the video. Colby and I have finished half of the food and I've almost died like five time from laughing too hard. "Damn Colby I would say that you and Sam should do this video, but you have like no hair, except on your head. Still, I would just put them all on the back of your head." I say to him. "First, I have hair on my legs. Second, no one could ever touch my beautiful hair, I spend to much time on it." He laughs. "Okay forget I said that, because I really don't care." I laugh. "Rude." He laughs. "I know, but only because I have nothing else to do." I laugh. "You could go out with me." Colby says. "I thought you said that you'd ask me that everyday, not every five minutes." I laugh. "I didn't hear a no." Colby says. "No." I say, before he could get another word out. "Bummer, I know you love me." He says, poking my side. "The only bummer, is that you wont leave me alone." I laugh. "I'm sorry what's that?" He says before tickling me. "Oh my god. Colby! Stop..." I laugh out, trying to get away. Kat jumps up. Colby stops and we both look over to her. "What happened?" Kat says concerned. Colby and I both laugh. "Oh sorry. I just can't keep my hands off her." Colby says, referring to me. "Colby... Kat it's not like that. We were just messing around. You can go back to sleep, sorry." I say. "Whatever. Just keep it down." Kat says, yawning and laying back down. "Okay Mom." Colby says sarcastically. Colby and I both laugh. Kat gets up and throws a throw pillow at us. "You guys are annoying. I'm going to your room." She says as she gets up. "We are not." I object. "Yes you are. That's why you guys are perfect for each other." She says walking to my room. "Well I do agree we're perfect for each other." He calls out to her. "Shut up." I laugh lightly pushing him. "Waite what?" Kat says walking back over. "Oh yeah. I was going to tell you later or something." I say. "Tell me that you guys are dating? How could you not tell me as soon as it happened. We're supposed to be best friends." Kat says excitedly. "We're not dating though." I laugh. "What? But he just..." Kat drags out confused. "See even your best friend says we make a good couple." Colby complains to me. "I didn't say we don't make a good couple. I said I won't go out with you." I reply to Colby. "You guyyssss. Tell me what's going on." Kat whines. "Colby asked me out." I say. "Multiple times." Colby adds. "But I said no, everytime." I say. "But I'll continue asking." Colby adds once again. Kat stands there with her mouth open. "Okay I must be dreaming." She finally says. "Nope." I smile. "What so why would you say no then. Haven't you wanted to date Colby for like ever? For God's sake you love him." Kat says walking back over to us. "Oh my god Kat, really?" I say, putting my hand to my head. "What?" She says confused. "I knew she loved me too, but you've wanted to date me forever now?" Colby laughs. I can feel his eyes on me. "Kat's just over exaggerating." I say, looking at him. "No I'm not." She says, taking a seat on the couch. "Oh my god. I'm gonna kill you. Weren't you going to go to sleep. Gooo." I say. "No. Please tell us more." Colby laughs. "Yeah I'm not really tired anymore." Kat laughs. "Your fucking me right?" I say. "No, but I'm trying to." Colby laughs. "That's not funny." I say to Colby, as my face starts to heat up. "Then why are you smiling?" Kat asks. "Because I can't help it." I reply.