35

It's been a few hours since I left for work, left my soon to be husband. It's strange thinking that soon I'll be married and ready to start a life together with him. Enough day dreaming. I've had so much to do today and I still haven't told Jack about his promotion to editor. He deserves it after all, I don't understand why he applied for an assistant job he's far more qualified than anyone I know here.

I pull my self out of my thoughts and head into my office where Jack is. Everyone's left the building except for Jerry and a new author we've been working with. I set a few documents on the table and ask him to take a seat.

"Miss Steele," he states.

"Jack I have to ask, why did you want to become an assistant?" I take a seat across from him and cross my legs. "I think I wanted to see what the grunt work would've been. Also start from the bottom to see if I was worth it." He says smoothly.

"You've been a phenomenal assistant but I'm afraid your position has been reconsidered," I say trying to keep my smile from surfacing. "I'm sorry?" He questions.
"Well you see I was talking to Jerry and we both decided that this isn't where you should be, however there is another opening in the company if you'd like... as an Editor." I pull a drawer open and grab the folder containing the job offer and slide it over to him.

"You're serious?" He gives me a face splitting smile and opens it. "Yes! It'll be a better salary and you'll get to work with the writers one on one. There's several promotions in line after that, however there's one condition," I pause and raise from my chair, I grab the few personal items that I have in this office and place them in a box. "You'll take my office and as a last task as my assistant, find me a you."
I hand him the key to my, well now his, office. "Please tell me you'll accept," I say and he nods and takes the key.

"Thank you Miss Steele. I'll email you a list of applicants as soon as I find them," As I am about to leave my phone rings. "I'll be one second, I have one more thing I wanted to ask of you," I say and walk just outside the office door and close the door.

It's Christian, I make no haste in calling him back. "Hello Mr. Grey, how can I help you?" I giggle, I take a seat in what use to be Jack's chair and desk. "Ms. Steele, it's nearly 8:00," I can hear the worry in his tone of voice. The man must be going mad. "I've just given the proposal to Jack and I was gathering my things to leave, you're so impatient," he doesn't say anything for a moment instead he takes a deep breath and then I can hear a rustling of things over the phone. I wonder where he his. "I miss you," I break the silence. "Oh Ana, I've missed you too. I'm outside." I smile. I knew he didn't have it in him, but I'm not gonna say I have a problem with that. "I'll be down in 5 minutes," I hang up the phone and check Jerry's office, they're both gone. It's crazy how time passes. I turn around and Jack is standing right in front of me and I jump in response.

"Uhm, you scared me there," I try to walk past him but he won't budge. "Was that Christian?" He asks but his demeanor is different more dark and brisk. "Yes, if you could just give me some space, I have to get going,"

"You think he could give you everything?" He asks and inches closer and closer to me, he's hardly an inch away from my face. "Jack, please. If I were you I'd back off." I look past his shoulder to see if anyone's around but it's as empty as an ice cream shop in winter. "Why we're just having a conversation Miss Steele, or should I say Mrs. Grey," he lays one of his hands against the wall behind me, trapping me. My heart is racing and I can feel my body shaking. Christian was right, fuck!

"You don't know that Christian Grey, not really. He's ruthless and has no idea what's coming" he eyes my body and I know what his next move is. I try to plan how I'm going to get away, perhaps I could kick him in the balls. "Maybe you know him intimately, but he could never make you come like I would Anastasia," He reaches for my face.

"Jack!" I gasp. "No," I grab his free hand and twist his index finger and then I stomp his foot with my heel and just when I have the right aim I knee him right in the groin and he falls to the floor. "Don't you fucking dare try that with me again!"

"You bitch!" He cries out in pain I make a run for the door. The wind hits me and suddenly I become dizzy and I almost crash into a pole. I take hold of it and try to compose myself. "Ana!" I hear Christian and soon he's by my side. "Baby what's wrong?"

"Jack."

"I'm gonna kill him," he says angrily and loosens his grip on me.

"No please stay with me, I need you here," I cling to him. "Taylor will you go," he nods and heads into the building. Soon after Christian takes me to the car but we stop at the door.  "What did that fucker do?" He says with a short temper. He looks like he's about to burst. "It's what he said, he didn't touch me Christian," I can see the relief sweeping across his face. "Come, get in," he opens the door and I slip inside. "I knew he was no good, why I'm going to get.." I stop him in his tracks and embrace all that I can of him.

"Christian did you know him?"

He looks at me wide eyed, obviously shocked by my question.  "He mentioned something about me not knowing who  you really are," I try to think back to what he said but I'm still too worked up to think clearly. "No I don't and I wish you'd let me go so I can teach that asshole a lesson! Imagine all the shit he could have done!" He raises his voice and I inch away. He opens the door of the car and gets out. "Where are you going?" I ask frantically. "Quiet." He states and pulls out his phone.

"Christian what are going to do?"

"Will you do what you're told for once!" He snarls and closes the door. I sit back. I haven't seen him like this. I wonder what he could possibly have hidden in the dark. Why would Jack know anything about him? And him not know anything of Jack, well other than the fact that he's a fucking creep and an asshole. Christian isn't much of a liar, I could hardly imagine that he would lie to me now.

I go to get my phone but I forgot it in the desk along with my purse and jacket. I sigh in defeat. I feel utterly helpless. I lower the window and check to see where Christian is but he isn't out here. "Fuck!" I realize he's probably back in the building. I hurry out of the car and as I'm about to walk in Christian grabs me and lifts me up and takes me back to the car. "What the fuck Ana!" He hisses.

"I thought...I want you in one piece...if he did something to you in there," my eyes begin it's water works. He stares at me blankly and softens after a beat. "I'm not going anywhere."

Taylor walks out at the same time with my stuff in hand. "Miss Steele, you did some real damage," he hands them over to me and I give him a half smile. "Thank you Taylor."

"We have to speak Sir," he tells Christian and they go off to the side while I go back into the car and look up Jack Hyde.