night terrors.

woooo. enjoy my nightmares.

uhhh i might stop doing such long intros ? maybe ?

vent / angst with warmth at the end to make me feel better. im actually crying but nobody dm me about it please ? i miss my love.

word count; 1,033

tw: blood / minor gore.

--------------------------------

-toms pov-

"Oh, Thomas~"

No, no, no, no, no!

Not her.

Please not her.

"Why are you hiding, little boy?"

Her voice.. it's sickeningly sweet. It's fake; it's horribly plastic.

"G-get away from me!" I squirmed and coiled back, body pressed up against a wall. The rain poured, muddy water sloshing against my tattered shorts. My shoes were dirty from running. Running away from her. A cackle slippedfrom her lips.

"Little boy, Tommy boy, come to mama."

No, no, she's not my mum! Mum doesn't hurt me!

"You aren't... you aren't my mum! Mum died i-in an accident!"

"You should have died too, young one. But no, I saved you, took you into my home. I fed you, took care of you! Adopted you! Don't be so ungrateful! Come give your mum a hug!"

I shook my head, pulling my bruised knees to my chest. Panting, my vision was blurred by the whirling wind and rain. I was hyperventilating.

"M-mums don't beat their children!"

"Mothers work to discipline misbehaving children."

She won't leave me alone. I'm scrambling up the hard wall, wishing I could phase through it. My fingertips pressed against the brick, nails raking the cement achingly. I need to run. I need to get out of here. Away from her. My legs.. they hurt... I can't stand up without collapsing.

"Do you want my hands to meet your face, Thomas? To make you learn? You never learn."

Oh god, it's echoing.

I'm insane.

Never learn.

Never learn.

Never learn!

Never learn!

Never lear—

"THOMAS! YOU CAN'T PUSH ME AWAY FOREVER!"

No, no! I need to get up! I can't let her get close! Not again! Not ever!

Up!

Get up!

Tired feet scraping against the pavement floor, wet and damp as I planted the soles down. I dug my toes against the ground and pushed myself up, dirty elbows scratching the brick. I winced and forced myself up.

My hands clawed at the wall as I stood, swaying.

"So, you aren't as pathetic?"

Her arms extended out for me, long nails sharpening the closer they got. In one, swift motion, I plunged down, stumbling away before she swiped in for a bone-shattering 'hug.'