Rain

It was dry when you first left the hotel for the short walk to the convenience store but now it's pouring with rain. You can hear the heavy drops pounding against the pavement as you stand at the counter to purchase your ramen and a few snacks. This is as good as dinner gets recently. 

You don't have the facilities to cook anything and take-out is getting expensive so this will have to do for now. Before you leave, you grab an umbrella and buy it, the walk is only five minutes but you'd rather stay dry. You needed to buy one anyway since you didn't bring one with you to Korea. 

As you step out, the rain gets even heavier and you hear a distant rumble of thunder. You cower underneath your umbrella and head towards the hotel, your shoes are already soaked. 

You can hear rapid footsteps running towards you and a body suddenly joins you under the umbrella, you're about to scream when you recognize a familiar face. Yoongi? 

"Hey, I thought it was you," he pants while ducking from the rain. 

"Yoongi, what are you doing here?" you ask completely surprised to see him of all people. 

"I was out riding my bike when it started to pour, I saw you when I got off to stand under that bus shelter over there" he explains pointing to the shelter across the street, "what are you doing out here?"

"I was just getting some food from the convenience store and then going home," you answer trying to avoid giving too many details, it's embarrassing to say you live in a hotel and have ramen for dinner. 

"Oh, let me walk you home," he offers. 

"No, it's okay, you really don't have to, you should get back to your apartment so you can get into some dry clothes, you're soaking!" you say trying to convince him to leave.

"Don't be silly, I'll walk you home, come on let's go, let me just grab my bike first," he grabs the umbrella over your hand and starts walking towards his bike, you have no choice but to follow. 

"Yoongi really, you don't need to," you plead, what can you say to make him give it up?

"I'm walking you home, that's it," he states with a straight face. 

There is no choice, this is happening. He is walking you 'home'. 

The closer you get to the hotel the more nervous you get, you think of all different ways to get out of him taking you to your door, you wonder about pretending someone else's house is yours but you're scared he won't leave until he sees you go in. Yoongi looks over at you and his eyebrows crease. 

"What's wrong?" he asks, well it's more of a demand than a question. 

"Nothing, um...you can drop me off here, it's only around the corner," you say hoping he will take the hint. 

"I'm not going to let you go there by yourself, it's dark and it's raining like crazy, I need to make sure you're safe before I go," he commands but then lets out a little cough at the end and looks to the ground. 

You realize there is no way of avoiding this so you take a deep breath and face him fully. 

"We are already here," you state. 

"What?" he asks, confusion clouding his face. 

"We're already here," you point to the hotel you're standing next to, "this is where I've been living." 

He looks at the hotel then back at you and thinks for a moment, "why?"

"It's a long story, this is why I didn't want you to walk me home," you answer honestly looking at the ground.