Promise

The days started to pass in a blur, everything was so busy. The boys were preparing for a comeback so they had been busy filming different music videos, teasers, concert videos, etc. For you this meant late nights and early mornings and being on your feet all day. 

You can feel yourself getting sick, your nose is blocked and you have a sore throat, to top it all off you have the worst headache. 

You're in the makeup department of the BigHit building. It's late and you really need to get home but you have to sort out everything you need for tomorrow. There's a sofa in the room that is calling your name so you decide to sit there for ten minutes before you finish what you need to do. 

What feels like a second later you feel something cold on your forehead, your eyes open and you see Jimin's adorable face staring back at you with a worried expression. His hand is on your forehead. You look around and see you're lying on the sofa and he is crouched down by your face. You must have fallen asleep. 

"Are you okay?" he asks in a concerned voice, "Your forehead is really hot." 

You sit up quickly, worried about how long you were asleep for, it's not the next day already is it?

"What time is it? It's not tomorrow is it?" you blurt out incoherently. 

He giggles, "what? how can it be tomorrow today?" his smile fades a little as he takes in your confused and sick face, "it's 1 am, are you feeling okay? Do you need anything?"

Your shoulders relax at his words, you've only been asleep for 30 minutes. 

"I'm okay, I'm just a little tired and I'm feeling a little under the weather, I just needed a rest, I'm fine now," you go to stand up but you get dizzy and fall back onto the sofa. 

"Woah, you are not okay, do you need me to get you some medicine?" he searches your face, his forehead is creased in worry. 

"No it's fine, thank you, you should get home and rest, you have a busy day tomorrow, what are you still doing here?" you ask trying to redirect the conversation. 

"I could ask you the same thing," he says with a cheeky smile, "I was recording some backing vocals for a song." 

You close your eyes to shield from the overhead light, the brightness is not helping your headache. 

Jimin's smooth hands cup your face and you open your eyes to meet his, "tell me what's wrong, I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong," he pleads. 

"I have a headache, a cold and a sore throat," you admit knowing he won't leave until you tell him. 

"Okay, this is what we're going to do, I'm going going to take you up to the kitchen to cook you some soup and to get some ice for your head, once you've eaten you can have some medicine for your head and cold. The soup should help your throat too," he informs you in an authoritative voice. 

"Jimin, you don't have to do all that, please, I'll be fine," you say weakly. 

He doesn't respond, he simply stands and slides an arm under your legs and another behind your back and lifts you into the air. He walks you out the door and towards the elevator. You want to get him to put you down but your body is too tired and weak to follow your brain. 

Once at the kitchen, he drags an armchair towards the middle island and places you in it. He then grabs a blanket and wraps it around you. He fetches some ice from the freezer and wraps it in a cloth to place on to your head. 

"Hold that there for a while, hopefully, your temperature will go down," he commands softly. 

He moves away to start cooking the soup. You watch him in awe as he chops and stirs. He catches you looking at him and gives you a warm smile, his eyes close into slits and his cheeks go all puffy, it's adorable. 

 "This is the soup my mum used to make for me when I was sick, it's the only one I know, I was going to call Jin Hyung but he will be asleep right now," he explains as he continues to make the soup. 

"Thank you," you say with a smile. 

"There we go, now we just need to wait for it to cook," he grabs another chair and pulls it in front of you and takes a seat, "let me check your temperature now." 

He removes the ice and grabs a thermometer from a nearby cupboard, once it beeps he checks it "it's still a little high but it's not too bad, do you want the ice for a little longer?" he asks. 

"No, I think it's fine now," you say, the ice was uncomfortably cold. 

"Okay," he throws the ice into the sink and comes back to sit in front of you, "would you like to sleep a little more while the soup is cooking?" 

"I'd prefer to stay awake," you answer, it's embarrassing to just sleep while he sits across from you. 

He puts 'winter bear' on softly in the background, "just in case you want to sleep, this song always helps me when I feel sick," he says with a smile. 

He sings along to a variety of soft BTS songs while he intermittently checks on the food. Once it's ready he places it in a bowl and brings it to you. He places it on a table nearby while he goes to stand behind you, you don't know what he's doing until you feel him gently grab your hair, bunch it together and tie it into a loose ponytail. 

He proceeds to sit across from you, he grabs the bowl and a spoon and tries to feed you. 

"It's okay, you don't need to feed me, I can do it," you say as nicely as you can, you don't want to reject him but he's already been so sweet, you feel so bad for all the trouble he's going through. 

"What are you talking about? This is the fun part," he says with a wink, "come on, open up." 

You shake your head but allow him to feed you. It's delicious and it makes you feel a lot better, the hot liquid soothes your throat and the slight spice clears your airways. You can feel your strength coming back. 

"Thank you so much, for everything," you say sincerely. 

"You're welcome," he places the bowl on the table again then grips both your arms and pulls you into his chest, his arms go around your shoulders and he hugs you tightly. His cheek is squished to yours. 

Your heart pounds and you can feel your body fill with heat. Jimin is always touchy but he's never hugged you like this before. 

"Promise me, next time you are sick you will tell me straight away," he whispers into your ear. 

"Jimin I-" you start.

"Please, promise me you will tell me next time," he pleads. 

"Okay, I will tell you," you state not entirely understanding why it's so important. 

He pulls back to look at your face and then extends his little finger to you. You smile and wrap your finger around his. You press your thumbs together to seal the promise and he gives you a massive smile. 

"Thank you," he says. 

After talking for a little longer you help him clean up despite his protests and go back to get your things. He walks with you and you leave the building together. He offers to take you home but you manage to get him to agree to just call you a cab instead. 

When you finally fall into bed you fall fast asleep thinking about his soft embrace.