Friends

Finally some time off, everything is in post-production now so you have the whole week off to do whatever you want, it's been a while since you have had free time. 

You sit up on your bed, having just woken up from a nice long sleep and check your phone. You have 2 emails and a text message. 

The first email is from Yoongi, more apartment options but they are all out of your price range, they look nice but you really can't afford it. The second email is from Bighit, it says that you have a meeting next week to discuss your trial period. 

You get nervous, you feel like you've been doing well but what if they don't want to keep you on? You need this job otherwise you'll have to go home. You are already debating if Korea is right for you or not, you have nowhere to live, no real friends outside of work, no family, just enough money to live on and even though you enjoy your job, it isn't your dream, you only took it because you needed the money. 

The thought of going home isn't appealing either, you had left everything behind to start a journey with someone you loved, only to have been used and abandoned. It's embarrassing to go back now. 

You quickly respond to the email to confirm you will be there and then check your text messages. It's from Olivia, your best friend back home, you had texted her a few times here and there, updating her on what has been going on but it has been difficult because you are busy and the time difference makes it harder too. 

Olivia: SURPRISEEE!!! Guess who will be in Seoul tomorrow! That's right! You better make time for me!

Y/N: What????? Why didn't you tell me? That's amazing, how long are you staying for? I have the week off. 

You don't expect a reply until later because if she is expecting to be here tomorrow then she'd have to be on a flight right now. 

You spend the rest of the day house hunting and jobhunting, just in case you really did get fired. It was nice to have the day off but your mind couldn't help but drift back to the boys, once you start thinking about them you think of what JK had said to you last week. You were too shocked at the time to take it all in, he had said he liked you but somehow you still struggled to believe it. 

What would this mean? The boys had flirted with you, especially the maknaes, but you never thought anything serious would happen. Nothing could, you would get fired, the fans would murder you, and let's not forget the media stalking you 24/7. He was an idol and you were just an ordinary girl, it wouldn't work, neither of you would be happy hiding away or being watched all the time. 

You decide to push the thoughts out of your mind for now, not wanting to be consumed by them. The day speeds by and before you know it, you're lying in bed and drifting off to sleep. 

RING RING! RING RING!

Your phone rings loudly and you jump out of your bed, confused. Oh no! You're late for work! You rush around in a circle, not knowing what to do, the phone keeps ringing so you run over and answer it. 

"Hellooo!" Olivia shouts down the phone at you. 

"Olivia! Where are you?" you ask, remembering she was supposed to arrive today. It feels weird to speak in English after speaking Korean for so long. 

"I'm at my hotel, just checking in and dropping my things off, are you free today?" she says happily. 

"Yes, I told you I'm free all week! Give me the name of your hotel and I'll come and meet you," you say, grabbing a notepad and pen from your side table. 

"Umm, it's called GLAD Mapo," she answers, "I'll get changed while I wait, then let's eat because I'm starving." 

"Okay, I'll be there soon! I can't wait to see you," you exclaim. It feels so good to have a friend around.