8 | Welcome Back

Year 2 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Standing near the shelves of the large book shop that my parents had dragged me into, I shifted my weight back and forth in order to keep the books I was holding from toppling over. My parents had really gone overboard this year when it came to supplies.

"Oh, this one would be splendid reading material if you're ever bored." my mother gushed as she placed yet another book on top of the pile, blocking my view and making my arms feel as though they may fall off at any second.

"Mother, half of these books aren't even on the reading list!" I complained, taking a large step to the left to counter the leaning books. "Besides, when does anyone ever get bored at Hogwarts?"

Placing a hand on his chin, my father stared at the pile before sighing. "She's right, these are simply too many books." he chuckled before placing one more on the pile. "But I promise you will love this one."

"Dad!" I groaned as they each took a handful of books themselves, lessening the load for me to carry.

"You don't have to read all of these books this year." my mother pointed out. "But you can never have too much knowledge, remember that. And it's not like you're paying for them anyway, so hush your mouth and walk over to the register."

Sighing, I forced a smile on my face and spun around, searching through the large crowd of people that had gathered in the store. Some famous author was doing a signing at that moment, making it the single worst time for us to have chosen to go book shopping.

Standing on my tip toes so I could see I little higher, I sighed. Not much had changed over the summer, except for the fact that I had grown a few inches; but obviously it wasn't enough.

That's when I saw them; the familiar boy with glasses and the girl with Frizzy brown hair. Harry and Hermione. Hermione and I had wrote letters to each other over the summer break, but Harry's mean uncle and aunt didn't let him get letters and the ones to Ron always got lost in his house before he could read them.

"Harry! Hermione!" I called, catching their attention.

Smiling, they both walked over with their arms outstretched for a hug, but when they saw the books in my arms, they dropped their hands back down to their sides. "It's so good to see you again." Harry spoke first. "How was your summer?"

"It was okay, but I think it was the first time that I actually missed school." I laughed before realizing my parents were still there. "Oh, right, um...Harry, Hermione, these are my parents Scott and Carla Rookwood."

My parents eyed me as they shook my friends hands. They hated when I used their first names, which was why I did it. "Please, Mr and Mrs. Rookwood will be just fine." my father told them.

"It's lovely to meet you." Hermione shook their hands before a wave of shock rushed over her face. "I nearly forgot, Mrs. Weasley thinks you're missing, Harry. They're very worried, so we should go. You coming Yavana?"

Looking to my parents, they gave a nod of approval before taking the rest of my books from me and ushering me off. Together, the three of us ran to the front of the line where Ron and his family were waiting. "Harry." Mrs. Weasley gasped. "Thank goodness. We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far."

"Hi, Ron!" I waved, noticing how much taller and older he looked.

"Hi, Yavana."

Mrs. Weasley looked to me, a welcoming smile on her face. "You must be the fourth member of the group that we keep hearing about. I recognized your name the minute Ron told us. Arthur and I were friends with your father when we all went to school. Speaking of Arthur, where is he?"