22 | Servant and Master

After messing around a bit more in the snow, Harry and I had to finally explain how we got there, which made Ron a little mad. "Those weasels!" he huffed, referring to his brothers. "Never told me about any Marauder's Map."

"They're not going to keep it. They'll turn it over to Professor McGonagall." Hermione turned to us as we wandered through the village. "Aren't you?"

Ron scoffed. "Oh, sure. Along with his Invisibility Cloak."

"Look who it is." Hermione pointed to a woman standing outside a pub. "Madam Rosmerta. Ron fancies her."

"That's not true!" Ron was quick to deny the accusations against him, which just made them all that more believable.

Standing by, we watched as the woman spoke to the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, and Professor McGonagall. The three conversed outside for a while, their voices just loud enough so we could hear them discussing the dementors, Sirius Black, and Harry, before walking into the pub.

Turning to Harry, to see what he thought about what had just happened, I was surprised to see he wasn't there. Glancing towards the pub again, I saw the footprints in the snow, indicating that Harry was using the cloak to get inside and spy some more.

The three of us tried to run after him, but just as we entered, the shrunken heads hanging from the wall turned to us. "No underage wizards allowed in today! Shut the damn door!"

"So rude." Hermione huffed as she closed the door, allowing us to only peak through the small window. However, there wasn't much to see since Harry was invisible and it wasn't like we could hear much from where we were.

Moving over to a bench nearby, we sat and waited a few minutes until the door swung open again and mysterious footprints on the ground told us that Harry was leaving. Standing up, the three of us chased after him as he pushed his way through a crowd of carolers, leaving a trail of footprints for us to follow.

Eventually, once we were out of town and in a snow-covered forest, the footprints stopped at a large rock where Harry was sitting, still using the cloak to hide. Slowly, Hermione and I made our way over to him, crouched down, and removed the cloak.

"Harry, what happened?" I asked him.

"He was their friend..." he began, not making much sense at first. "...and he betrayed them. He was their friend! I hope he finds me. Because when he does, I'm gonna be ready! When he does, I'm gonna kill him!"

I looked up at him. "Harry, who?"

"Sirius Black." Harry sighed. "Sirius Black knew my parents."

_______________

As the holidays quickly rounded the corner, Harry said that he was going to get Professor Lupin to teach him a Patronus spell which would apparently help protect him from the dementors. While Harry's Christmas plans were mainly work, I went back home like most children and spent Christmas with my family.

Of course, I wasn't able to get away without spending at least one day with the Weasleys. Our families were pretty much joined at the hips by then, and aside from the parents, I think we were all getting pretty sick of one another. Especially when I was still trying to figure out this dumb crush on George, which wasn't being helped all of the time we were spending around each other.

By the time we had all arrived back at the school, the weather had warmed up quite nicely and heavy jackets and scarves were no longer needed.

"Beautiful day," Hermione commented as we headed outside.

"Gorgeous." Ron agreed. "Unless, of course, you've been ripped to pieces!"

Harry cocked a brow as I sighed, tired of hearing Ron complain. "Ripped to pieces?" Harry asked. "What are you talking about?"