57 | Light

As we landed among the trees, the same place where Hermione had tied the scarf to one of the trunks, we all huffed. "That treacherous little bleeder." Ron huffed. "Is there no one we can trust?"

"They kidnapped her because he supported me," Harry explained. "He was just desperate."

Sighing, Ron pulled out his wand. "I'll do the enchantments."

Before Ron could though, we were suddenly surrounded by a group of men. "Hello, beautiful." a man with hair in a ponytail and a scarf around his neck looked to Hermione, causing us to start running away. "Well, don't hang about," he told his men. "Snatch them."

My breathing quickly became the only thing I could hear, along with the footsteps behind me, as I ran. I darted in and out of trees, not paying attention to where I was going and only the fact that I needed to run. I never looked back, which was why when I finally slowed down, the others were nowhere in sight.

I could hear a few explosions ring out from somewhere amongst the trees, but I had no clue how I had gotten that far away from it all. "Harry!" I yelled as screams rang out, sending crows to the sky. "Hermione! Ron!"

I kept spinning around, searching for them anywhere, but as time passed, the fewer sounds I heard. The trees had fallen silent, giving me no clue as to where I was or who was out there, if there was even anyone left.

Finally, I had to stand still, as I was becoming dizzy. The sun was setting and I needed to decide what I was going to do. Somehow, for the first time since I was eleven, I was completely alone again. So, I created a plan to first find my way out of the forest and then pick a direction and start walking.

It was no grand idea, but I didn't exactly have a ball of light leading me to my friends.

As the sky became darker, I kept walking; the leaves crunching and twigs snapping underneath my feet. Then, I was face to face with them. I was on my stomach, and someone was on top of me. "Sly little girl." a man's rough voice cackled. "But don't worry, I've got you now."

"Let me go!" I squirmed underneath him. "Get off of me!"

I tried pulling my wand from my pocket, but I just couldn't reach, and before I knew it he had pulled me to my feet again. He was alone, which was weird for a Snatcher. He has short hair and a large beard, and his smiled showed off his yellow teeth.

"Where you gonna run now?" he held both of my wrists in his hands. "Come on. Try me. I dare you."

Realizing that there were some problems you could get out of without magic, I lifted my knee instead of my wand and kneed the guy in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him as he bent over. When he did, I jumped back before he could reach me.

"Little brat!" he seethed, drawing his wand and casting a curse, causing my arm to slit open and spill blood like a fountain.

I screamed at first, but then remembered I needed to deal with this guy first. As he charged for me, I jumped out of the way once more before grabbing his head and smashing it into a tree trunk, knocking him out. As he fell to the ground, I noticed the last little bit of sun disappearing behind the mountains and ran off.

Removing my sweater, I tied it around my arm to try and slow the bleeding until my legs finally stopped moving. I collapsed against a large tree and just broke down. Tears spilled from my eyes as more blood spilled from my arm. Pulling out my wand, I remembered a spell to heal simple wounds like this and felt the pain go away instantly even though I was still covered in blood.

But I was still crying. I was still lost. I was still alone.

Drawing my knees up to my chest, I wrapped my arms around my legs and hung my head. As I stared downward, I spotted the silver chain around my neck and remembered the locket. How did Dumbledore know the things he did?