45 | Liquid Luck

Walking through the Dining Hall wearing his red and gold Quidditch sweater and brown Quidditch cap, Ron ignored the comments people made as he sat down with us that morning for breakfast. "So how was it, then?" he asked the three of us, not even bothering to touch his food, which for him was incredibly odd.

"How is what?" Hermione looked up from the newspaper she was reading.

"Your dinner party?"

Hermione sighed. "Pretty boring, actually. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert. Slughorn's having Christmas do, you know? And we're meant to bring someone."

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen," Ron called Cormac by his last name. "He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?"

"Actually, I was going to ask you," Hermione told him.

"Really?"

Walking up to us, Lavender's blonde curls bounced up and down as she tapped Ron on the shoulder. "Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant."

Ron forced a shaky smiled as Lavender walked off again. "I'm resigning. After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot."

"Have it your way." Harry sighed, wearing the same sweater as Ron. "Juice?"

"Hello, everyone." Luna looked to us, wearing a fake lion head on her head. "You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?"

Sighing, Harry shoved the familiar bottle back into his pocket. "Liquid luck," I remembered that Harry was in possession of the potion.

"Don't drink it, Ron," Hermione told him just as he downed the entire cup. "You could be expelled for that."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Harry denied.

With a huge smile on his face, Ron stood up from the table. "Come on, Harry. We've got a game to win."

Without disappointment, the Quidditch match that day was an excellent one. No matter how hard the Slytherin team tried, the Liquid Luck was doing wonders for Ron. He blocked every single shot, no matter how fast or far away it was.

Plus Ginny and Harry were working their magic, so it wasn't a surprise when we beat Slytherin by a landslide. By the middle of the game the entire crowd was chanting Ron's name.

"Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" the entire Gryffindor house chanted as we threw a party that night for Ron. Red confetti fell from the roof as everyone cheered.

"You really shouldn't have done it," Hermione told Harry as we watched Ron have the time of his life.

"I know. I supposed I could have just used the Confundus charm." Harry said, mentioning the fact that Hermione had cursed Cormac during try-outs.

Hermione huffed. "That was different. That was try-outs. This was an actual game."

Pulling the small vial out of his pocket, Harry showed us that it was still full. "You didn't put it in." I realized. "Ron only thought you did."

That meant that somehow, Ron was that good at Quidditch on his own. I guess the Quidditch blood really did run in his family.

Hearing the crowd cheering, we all looked up to see Ron and Lavender kissing in the middle of the room, which was slightly hilarious when you thought about how much Ron had been trying to avoid that girl before. Turning around, I noticed Hermione storming out of the room for some reason.

"Harry." I tapped his shoulder and pointed after Hermione; the two of us taking off after her.

Eventually we located her sitting on the bottom step of a secluded stairwell, small birds tweeting and flying around her head. "Charm spell." Hermione wiped her tears away when she saw us, explaining the birds. "I'm just practicing."