47 | Love Sick

When I woke up, I had no clue where I was. The room was like any other ordinary bedroom, but I knew for a fact I wasn't in the Weasley's house since it burning down was one of the only things I could still remember.

I could remember it being Christmas and the house being full of people. I could remember being happy, and then I wasn't. I remember the feeling of pushing my way through the wheat as my feet splashed in the water. I could remember pain...and I could remember the look on George's face. Pure terror.

Looking down, I noticed that I was lying in a small bed with a brown blanket over the top of me. There were bandages around my waist where I had been hit and some dried blood splattered on my arms. My throat was dry and my lungs were sore from all of the gasping I had been doing.

I was okay. I was alive. But where was I?

"You're awake." a soft voice spoke from the doorway. Turning my head, I smiled slightly when I saw Mrs. Weasley standing there with a cup of water in her hands. "How are you feeling, dear?" she pulled up a chair next to the bed and placed the back of her hand against my forehead.

"Where am I?" I felt like I had a million questions that all wanted to fly out of my mouth at once. "What happened?"

"Death Eaters," she answered. "We are at Lupin's house. He was kind enough to take you back here after healing you."

I nodded, the puzzle pieces slowly coming together. "I'm sorry about your house." I exhaled slowly, trying to avoid as much leftover pain as possible.

"You mustn't worry about that," she told me, bringing the cup of water to my lips and letting me take a small sip. "The only thing that matters is that you're okay. Everyone has been worried sick about you. It was nearly impossible sending Ron and the others back to school while you were still out."

"Hogwarts." I shot up, feeling the sharp pain before leaning against the headrest of the bed. "School's started again. How long?"

"Only a few days."

"When can I go back?"

Mrs. Weasley sighed. "After we sent word to your parents about what happened, they seemed pretty adamant that you go to Italy with them once you're back on you're feet. However, it is your choice in the end if you wish to return to Hogwarts. But enough about that, there is someone who has been dying to see you."

"George." I smiled. "How is he?"

"He's going to be better now that you're okay."

As Mrs. Weasley helped me stand, she placed a black housecoat on me before tying it loosely around my waist. "Thank you," I told her, genuinely grateful for all she had done for me.

With a small nod in response, Mrs. Weasley lead me down the steps of the unfamiliar house before taking me into an open living room where Mr. Weasley, Lupin, and the twins were sitting. "Well, you certainly look better than you did a few nights ago," Lupin commented when I walked into the room.

"I feel a lot better." I chuckled slightly, my bare feet padding along the hardwood as I stepped further into the room. "A lot less on the brink of death."

Looking at George, who was staring right back at me, I held my arms out wide and smiled. Jumping up from the couch, he walked over and hugged me, burying his face into my neck. "It's gonna be okay." I placed my hand on the back of his head. "I'm not that easy to kill."

________________

Sitting on the same bed that I had woken up in that morning, I leaned back against George's chest as I sat in between his legs. His arms were wrapped around me, like they had been since hugging me earlier. We'd been hugging and holding each other all day, knowing once again that it would be the last time for a while as Hagrid was coming to get me the next morning.