48 | Completely Boggled

Knocking on Professor Slughorn's office door, Harry waited until the older teacher slide the small peep-hole open so he could see who was at his door. "I'm sorry, sir." Harry said as Slughorn stared back at him. "I wouldn't bother you if it weren't absolutely essential."

Looking around the corridor, Ron sighed. "Where's Romilda?"

"What's the matter with Wenby?" Slughorn asked, getting Ron's last name wrong yet again.

"Very powerful love potion," I answered.

Slughorn nodded as he opened the door for us. "Very well. Better bring him in. I'd have thought you could whip up a remedy for this is in no time, Harry."

"Well, I-I thought this called for a more practiced hand, sir," Harry replied as Ron walked over and hugged Slughorn.

Resting his head on Slughorn's shoulder, Ron giggled. "Hello, darling. Fancy a drink?"

"Perhaps, you're right." Slughorn began making the remedy as Harry and I lead Ron over to the couch where he could just stay still for a while.

"I'm sorry, by the way, Professor, about earlier today." Harry apologized about something that I hadn't been around for. "Our misunderstanding."

Slughorn shook his head as he started stirring the ingredients together, the spoon clinking against the sides of the glass container as he did so. "Oh, not at all. All water under the bridge, you know. Correct?"

"Well, I expect you're tired of it after all these years." Harry left me with Ron as he walked back over to Slughorn. "All the questions about Voldemort."

"Don't use that name!" Slughorn ordered, distracting me from watching Ron, which in that moment was like looking after a three-year-old as he climbed the back of the couch and fell off, hitting the ground with a loud thud.

Groaning, I helped Ron back up and placed him down on the couch again. "There you are, old boy." Slughorn handed the cup to Ron. "Bottom's up."

"What's this?" Ron stared at the red liquid.

"Tonic for the nerves."

Finding that an acceptable answer, Ron took a sip of the remedy, and slowly his love-struck face fell and he looked around the room in confusion. "What happened to me?"

"Love potion," Harry smirked, glad to have his friend back.

"A bloody strong one at that." Slughorn took the cup back from Ron.

Looking at me, Ron jumped to his feet. "Yavana!" he hugged me. "You're back! You're okay!"

"Glad to see you back to your normal self too," I replied.

As Ron pulled out of the hug, he moaned a bit. "I feel really bad."

"You need to pick-me-up, my boy." Slughorn informed him as he sorted through a few bottles sitting on his shelf. "Got butterbeer, wine, dazzling oak-matured mead. I had other intentions for this, but I think, given the circumstances..."

Pouring four glasses, Slughorn handed us each one as we stood in front of the large fireplace. "To life!" Slughorn smiled as Ron took the first sip, collapsing instantly onto the ground and smashing the glass. Looking down, we watched as he started shaking, foam spilling from his mouth in the process.

"Ron!" Harry and I dropped down beside him. "Ron! Professor, do something."

"I-I don't understand!" Slughorn stood still, completely confused.

Standing up, Harry rushed over to Slughorn's drawer of potion ingredients before grabbing something, running back over, and shoving it into Ron's mouth. I had no clue what Harry had just given him, but I trusted Harry and just hoped that whatever it was would work.